[STICKY] Report your bugs here!

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [STICKY] Report your bugs here!

★★★ Newbie

When did the Bug occur?

Chapter 10

What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

After completing the game, I restarted chapter 10 from the beginning and progressed to the Drill Boss.

What did you expect to happen?

After beating the Drill Boss without taking any damage from any source on numerous attempts (PS3), I expected the Drill Sergeant trophy to unlock.  I walked up to the exit and through the door several times as well with no luck.

Message 71 of 468 (2,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@xiLuSioNz wrote:

• When did the Bug occur? When I started a new game+ save.
  • What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)? Nothing...
  • What did you expect to happen? New suit unlocked.

I don't want to ruin the game for anyone but when completing it I did not get my 3 circuits and I did not get the Dead Space legends suit. 

It said in the suit kiosk that it had been unlocked, but it did not appear. Which is the same with the circuits unlocked for completing the game.

Xbox 360

Same thing.

Beat the game on co-op, was granted new suit, and +3 curcuit upgrades.  Went to weapons crafting after and played with the new upgrades, then joined a new game+ and none of my upgrades were available.   Can't find any way to get them back, even went back and completed final chapter again in co-op and single player.  

No suit and no +3 upgrades circuits.  Sort of ruines the replay value for me.

Message 72 of 468 (2,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I, and several other people have encountered a bug with the smaller, kinesis doors in Dead Space 3 - the pc version.  The doors that require kinesis to open have a looping sound effect that does not silence until the door is opened.  Then, it's only quiet until the door comes back down.

Provided is a link to a forum of EA / Viceral Games customers who are experiencing the issue.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Dead-Space-3-Door-Sound-Bug-Glitch/td-p/471140

Also here are a few links of people who have uploaded the same issue to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-yI-GQn4WM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIYcjbVJFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzT9Y5e7gcw&feature=youtu.be

• When did the Bug occur?

The problem was fist noticed during chapter 4 when I encountered a door that required kinesis to open.  Not one of the larger, circular doors that seperated space from the interior of the ship, but from one of the regular sized doors.  Every door I encountered, that required kinesis, contiued having that noise.

• What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

Installed the game with normal setup files.  The setup files that came with the game and were automatically installed.

• What did you expect to happen?

For them to be quiet, like good little doors.

What I've attempted since the bug started...

I've attempted updating directx - which was already updated to the latest version.

Installed nvidia beta drivers 313.(something) - the sound persisted.

Tried running the game in compatibility mode.

Tried another sound source.

After all of the attempts, the repeating sound persist.  I'm beginning to wonder if the xbox version, which doesn't have that repetitive sound, is the one that's bugged...

Message 73 of 468 (2,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

When did the bug occur?

On Chapter 13, during the boss fight where you lure the boss into the targeting lasers and have the harpoons fire into it. Once the boss is trapped, you are supposed to repeatedly press the kinesis button to turn the winch and tear the boss apart. The boss never tears apart and I simply spin the winch over and over forever or until the boss breaks free again. I've restarted the game, replayed the level several times, and i've even reassigned the kinesis key. Nothing works. This bug has literally broken the game for me and I cannot continue progressing or playing until it is fixed. I've searched around on the web and it is clear that many other people are also suffering from this bug.

What did you do before you experienced the bug?

Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I triggered the boss fight event by walking forward. I then kinesis the generator on the harpoons to activate the lasers. I then have the boss follow me into the lasers, where the harpoons then fire and trap it. I then proceed to repeatedly kinesis the winch on the left side.

What did you expect to happen?

I expect to be able to continue playing the game I have purchased.

Message 74 of 468 (2,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After exiting the Weapon Crafting Arena and returning to my single player save file.

• What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

Entered the Weapon Crafting Arena, did nothing, then hit Save & Quit, and went back to my single player save file.

Return to normal campaign on normal difficulty without unlimited ammo. Instead, my ammo is still unlimited and it changed my difficulty to casual. I'm assuming achievements are still disabled as well. 

Message 75 of 468 (2,147 Views)

Re: GAMEPLAY FREEZES LIKE CRAZY

★★★★ Novice

EXACT same problem!!!! Unexplainable freezing at different places (sometimes same spots) - no disc scratches (ive tried 3 COPIES).... what is going on!

Message 76 of 468 (2,130 Views)

Random Freezing

★★★★ Novice

It is happening randomly - this is the only game freezing on my console. It happened first on the bridge just above the highway in Chapter 1 when you use Kenisis on the trucks. It happened about 3 times in this spot. It happened twice in the part just after the suicide bomber in chapter 1. It happened many times in different spots of the game - such as twice in the search for Eli on the planet surface and once in Cony Tower...

Played the game as normal...

I expected the game to play normally without freezing? I've tried everything to try troubleshooting this issue. Please patch this, quite a few players are experiencing this and there is no problem with the consoles, just the game itself when it plays on specific consoles.

Message 77 of 468 (2,125 Views)

Crashes at any time the game tries to save inventory.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
  • I am using a PC. At any point I use a weapon Bench and craft/ buy the resource and weapon packs with ration seals this is a rather severe bug that causes the game to crash when it tries to save my inventory, so I obviously lose what I had received and thank goodness I was not using real money. And it occurs at any point where the game saves: quitting to menu, checkpoint, new chapter, etc.
  • I extensively tested when and how this bug happens; it seems that a majority of weapon parts that you can receive causes the game to crash whether you have it on the weapon or not and I have deduced that SEVERAL MK-V weapon parts cause crashes, and since the game crashes when it tries to save: I lose any and all progress which is infuriating by itself.
  • At first me and my friend thought it was just something in the games code but now that I figured it out, we have been getting these kind of crashes since the games release and I hope that it gets fixed as soon as possible. But this bug only happens when I receive certain weapon parts like I said above it is several of the MK-V weapon parts
Message 78 of 468 (2,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

bump same here with my friend we are playing in impossable and its so annoying we always need to compleat a very difficult mission and thenwe DC and we need to star all over again

Message 79 of 468 (2,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS3

Dead Space 3 Limited Edition (3 region)

Coop Connection Problem

Can't connect to my friend coop game. Also, he can't connect to my game.

This bug accurs in the 8 chapter. Before this we played - all's ok.

Now - not a chance.

Random connection's are ok, but failed if try to connect to each other.

Message 80 of 468 (2,100 Views)