[STICKY] Report your bugs here!

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [STICKY] Report your bugs here!

★★★ Novice

Origin bug im from germany and cant download the game its gray some other ppl have the same issue plz work on it or give us news about the problem

Message 11 of 468 (3,707 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had a bug twice now in chapter 4

received an weapon part called "compact repeater" (or something) which then vanished when entering a bench.

I think both came out of spare parts boxes, one from the optional mission on the terra nova, the other from the big nest near the brusilov.

Cant find any mentioning of a compact repeater in the prima guide so maybe it's an item which should have been removed?

Message 12 of 468 (3,698 Views)

Re: Scavenger bot bug. (xbox)

★★ Novice
I had exact same thing happen. I was on chaper 8 with 1 bot.

I then joined a friend on his game in prolog mission an realized didnt have bot.
Then on chapter 1 i still didnt have it.

I then proceded to chapter 5 where i got him picked him up an nothing.

What i expect to happen is to get my little buddy back.
Message 13 of 468 (3,692 Views)

★★ Novice

Summary: Getting a "Circuit cannot be sold!" message while trying to sell circuits in bench.

-When did the Bug occur? + What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

Just beat DS3 on Hard, played some co-op before making a NG+ on Impossible. Reached the first bench. All +2/+2 circuits or below can still be sold normally, but +3, +3/+2 and +3/+3 give me the "Circuit cannot be sold" message at the bench. Created a +3+3 to test, yep, can't sell that either.

-What did you expect to happen?

Thought it might be a bugged save file, went back to my first save (since NG+ uses another slot) to test. Picked a random chapter, went to the nearest bench, same thing happens. Can't sell them, can't drop them, all clogging up the bench screen during upgrades.

Message 14 of 468 (3,689 Views)

Scavenger bot bug. (PS3 version)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had my bot out out scavenging, don't remember if I picked up or if it had finshed. Next time I started the game the bot wasn't in my inventory or at a bench. I replayed the mission where you pick it up and I still didn't get it back. Like some of the others have said I think I may have joined a guy playing the Prologue, and that was when I lost it.

I'm no programmer but this seems like a simple problem to fix just allow you to pick up a new one on the mission you originally got it on if it's gone, but then again the game might not be able to tell if you lost it or just out scavenging. 

Message 15 of 468 (3,687 Views)

★★ Novice

This one look like an easy bug to fixed:

"When I disable Vsync the physics go completely crazy and the bodies and body parts start flying in the room. I could solve capping the framerate (60 fps/90/120) with an external tool. But it should be fixed in the game. I played Dead Space 2 with Vsync Off and there was no problem at all."

Message 16 of 468 (3,677 Views)

Coop Bug

★★★ Newbie
  • When did the Bug occur?

When we playing in coop

• What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

This happens only when we are playing normally, but sometimes appears in the screen an orange message that said "connection lost" then my partner and all around disappears, my partner and for example in chapter 1 when stop the cars that was the first time we get it, after that the destroyed cars disappears and also my partner was disconnected then we try to play again but we can't appears other message that said "Error to connection" or something like that, so we need to restart the ps3 and try again... and it works but in the part of the cars happens again

So we did the same restart the ps3 and that part we cross running and works.. Until chapter 4 when appears the first necromorphs

We kill the fist one and then appears the orange message, my partner was disconnected and him and all the necromorphs disappears

Also where should be a door that was open and I can saw the space Confused

• What did you expect to happen?

Expect to play in coop with any issue

Message 17 of 468 (3,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In chapter 5 at "cargo obs" the puzzle/minigame is impossible to solve, I got the right combinations but it does the same thing as if it was wrong,i tried reloading and doing the chapter again but it does not work. Sometimes it works for the first 2 combination but hen it does not work anymore.I passed it via coop now.

Message 18 of 468 (3,669 Views)

Dead Space 3 Invisible "Escape Pod" bug. And Door Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just got Dead Space 3 Limited Edition for my PC here in the UK and so far I've noticed two very annoying glitches/problems.

The first problem was after you come out of the first "flying through space avoiding stuff" scenario which is after you leave the colony at the start of the game and the mines blow up your ship. The "escape pod type thing", which your "allies" are clinging to (and some are inside also I think), is invisible and Isaac grabs onto nothing and spins around followed by nothing happening for the next 10 minutes. I did a loop of the ship looking for the "escape pod" and then looked online and saw where it should go and when I realised it was definitely not there I did the following: I restarted the game.

What he then did was grab onto the escape pod and twirl around followed by the escape pod moving along to the docking bay.

Second and more importantly, the doors between rooms inside the ship you enter, immediately after the sequence I just described, make a very loud rattling noise. When I open the doors using kinesis and they slide upwards the rattling is quieter when they are open and I am standing in the doorway but still quite loud. The rattling returns just as loud as before however as soon as the doors come down again. Obviously this ruins that eerily silent and tense atmosphere which the franchise is known for.

This a link to a video I just posted on youtube which shows the second bug (door bug): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIYcjbVJFI

I tried reinstalling the game but it did not fix the problem.

I started a new game and the EXACT same bugs happened in the exact same order.

My GTX670 drivers are up to date and my creative x-fi titanium hd sound card drivers are also up to date so I don't know how to fix the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(I have already posted this under "Glitches/Problems in Dead Space 3" but I thought I should repost it here just to be sure it was taken note of)

Message 19 of 468 (3,637 Views)

GAMEPLAY FREEZES LIKE CRAZY

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The gameplay freezes randomly throughout the entire game, and upon ejecting the disc and restarting from the last save, the game freezes in the EXACT same places.  For example, the first time I experienced this glitch was after Isaac was prompted by the game to use stasis for the first time on the speeding trucks.  When I walked forward on the path in front of me, the game froze.  I did this about 5 times with the same result.  

I did figure out a couple of workarounds that seem to work (albeit annoying):

1) Go a different direction.

Because the game usually locks in the same place (e.g. walking up a middle corridor), I usually go a different way (e.g. walk the left corridor instead). In the case of when Isaac used stasis on those moving trucks, what I did instead was take an immediate left and the game miraculously did not freeze.  But to test my hypothesis, once I went left, I circled the entire room on the outer edges and then went back up the middle from the right side, and the game froze in the same exact place it froze before when I simply walked forward.  When there are no alternate routes (most of the time), I have to...

2) Temporarily lower the video resolution to standard def.  

When there are no alternate routes, I have to change the video settings on my XBOX to standard def, and then I can breeze past the glitchy area as though it never happened. However, I have to play at this setting until I get to another auto-save area, and being forced to play a game with optimized HD graphics in standard def cheapens the gameplay. You can imagine how frustrating this gets after FINALLY surviving a flood of attacks on the highest difficulty only to have the game freeze, forcing you to do it all over again.

Yes, I have tried deleting the hard drive cache, installing on my HDD, and all of the many other suggestions found in these threads, and while the clearing cache seemed to work once, the game froze 10 minutes later within the same chapter.  I've been gaming since 1982, and with the exception of E.T. for the Atari 2600, this is by far the worst gaming experience I've ever had.  I can't even determine if I like the game itself because it freezes at least 4x per chapter, so I can't even really play in a continuous stream.  Last night, I decided enough was enough and put the game back in its case and will wait until a satisfactory patch has been deployed. 

Message 20 of 468 (3,634 Views)