Re: [STICKY] Report your bugs here!

by rmahaffey2

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Playing PS3 digital download, PS+ free download. When I was in the conning tower, I noticed that I could not play the message from Tucker Edwards. Since that point, no messages at all will play, neither audio nor video. I have thus far made it to the hospitality module on the planet, and am unable to follow the backstory any further due to unplayable messages. I walk to the message terminal, but it does not trigger the message screen to prompt me to activate/play the message. 

Message 461 of 468 (1,394 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

best advice i have is to delete your GAME DATA file. (maybe your save file also?) try redownloading the game.

Message 462 of 468 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Novice
OK, so having the exact same issue. No problems with my first initial file. But always have issues with New Game +. At some point in the game it freezes, and not just the game, the whole system. The current file I've been playing froze like this at certain points, always while I'm moving, either walking or on a lift, but once I shut off and reboot the PS3, then I can usually get past that point. I'm finding however that the autosave function sucks because it always puts me way behind where I was when it froze. Doesn't save nearly as often as it should. So there are those recoverable freezes, but there are also irrecoverable freezes where you can't progress any further than that. For me I've noticed that it always happens when I'm about to start the battle with the boss thing, with the mouth tentacles. And no matter how many times I reboot, happens at exactly the same place. My current file, it happens just after getting the probe parts. A previous New Game + it happens at the first time as you get to the compound on Tau Volantis. I figured I would post because my issue seems to defy what EA has been telling people about the first generation PS3 since I have a new PS3. I'm using CECH-4001B model with PSX OS version 4.65. None of my other games give me this issue. Once had it with Deus Ex, but the developer came out with a patch and fixed it. Why is it so difficult for EA to accept responsibility and just come out with a simple patch. And unfortunately we can't get error logs for PS3 to send. Maybe it's because EA is a monopoly, after all most every game out there is either developed or distributed by EA and it lets them get away with abysmal customer service. Maybe they should just give us all codes to download the digital version for free since it only seems to happen with the disc version.
Message 463 of 468 (1,352 Views)

Re: Chapter 12 bug

★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue only in chapter 11. As soon as I get to the clearing where the entrance to the warehouse where the probe parts are, before the boss battle. It says it's saving, but when I get ready to leave that warehouse to go back to the clearing to battle the boss, it freezes just as I'm walking out the rotating door. When I force reset my ps3 and return to the game, it puts me at the previous save, just after fixing the valves for the boiler.
Message 464 of 468 (1,347 Views)

★★ Novice
there is a bug with the in game drills they dont load properly in connected franchise
Message 465 of 468 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Invisible Issac

i have to keep reloading games saves occasionally Isaac will be invisible just his gun floating. One occasion I was attacked by invisible Necromorphs and most of the time I have next cell loading issues where you’ll go to the door and it’s invisible and you can see inside the next room first game I’ve ever played that’s been this buggy and I’m only on chapter 2 intensive care 

playing on pc

My PC Specs
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
GPU AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Motherboard Prime X570-P
64.0 GB Vengeance RGB Pro

Message 466 of 468 (933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When did the Bug occur?

While trying to invite my friend to my private lobby

What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

Opened the game, created a private lobby, and pressed the invite friend button, which opened the EA app friends list. I then experienced the bug.

What did you expect to happen?

I expected to be able to invite my friend to my private co-op campaign lobby without any issues.

There is a feature on Origin that the EA app is missing, which is the ability to use the shift+F1 menu to invite a friend to a game you're playing. I think this might also be the source of an issue with the invitation system on Mass Effect Andromeda as well.

i'll be posting an edited set of photos (edited to remove friends' names) showing the difference between ea and origin to hopefully make it more clear what the issue is.

Message 467 of 468 (905 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • When did the Bug occur?

When creating coop game

• What did you do before you experienced the Bug (please be as detailed as possible)?

nothing just create a coop game

• What did you expect to happen?

doesnt show friends games or allow invitation to friends

Message 468 of 468 (850 Views)