Re: Dead Space 3 freezing and disc read error

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried playing the game again on the PlayStation 3 in Fall 2016. I still get the same issue after playing 128 hours or more with the game freezing at load points or losing contact with the EA server. This game is definitely the buggiest of the Dead Space series of games and it is sad that these issues were never rectified with the hard disc version at least. I do not know if the same problems are encountered with the purely digital Steam and Origin versions. 

Message 1 of 5 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @voltron2010 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

@maphisto86

You can try to bring this to EA Advisors, although I don`t now if they can help with this.

Some players suggest to transfer Dead Space 3 save game to flash drive and back again as a workaround for such problem.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (437 Views)

All Replies

Hello @maphisto86

I`ve created a new thread for your post, since originally you`ve posted in an old thread. 

So if I get it right you have a network problem with Dead Space 3 on your PS3? Have you updated the game and console? I can also suggest you to take a look at our article here about PlayStation connectivity troubleshooting. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 5 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello Archi, 

The dropping from the EA servers is only a minor inconvenience compared to the autosave crashes. I appreciate that you made a new thread for this problem, but I doubt it can be solved now, over three years since the game was released. Many of the developers of the game at Visceral have since moved on to other programs and studios. Still, despite my pessimism, I would appreciate any help you may be able to provide. 

I want to note for the record that the problem I mentioned about the game freezing is not  a network issue. It has something to do with the autosave feature in the game and it is a problem people have had across all platforms from what I can see. Especially the console versions of the game. I cannot speak to the experience of players using the Steam and Origin versions on PC, but without fail Dead Space 3 will freeze (with repeating audio) during autosaves after a certain number of hours playtime on a save file. It is also not unusual to experience this even on a first run through the game. Since release, there has been no patch or even an explanation for this bug from EA or Visceral. 

Message 3 of 5 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello. played this on 4 different consoles. Knew exactly where thee autosave points were and the expected freeze. Went round and round on this with ea games. tried different usernames, they loaded a program on my pc to check my internet connection for dropped packets (I play on ps3 consoles). Eventually they gave me a credit on the ps store to get the download version of the game. Played that one all the way to platinum on 3 consoles with no freezes. Its a good game. lot of fun. Worth getting a download version.

Message 4 of 5 (430 Views)

Hello @voltron2010 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

@maphisto86

You can try to bring this to EA Advisors, although I don`t now if they can help with this.

Some players suggest to transfer Dead Space 3 save game to flash drive and back again as a workaround for such problem.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 5 (438 Views)