Ps3 Crash/freezing issue with Dead space 3

by Burni_COCO

Original Post

Ps3 Crash/freezing issue with Dead space 3

★★★★ Novice

I have 2 Playstation,

A old  fat 40 GB hard drive change for a 500GB model CECHH01

And a new super slim model CECH-4001C LW 500GB

I bought the digital download and I cannot play any co op mission since It always freeze

I also reformat my playstation 2 time both and still have the issue I redownload the game 3 times still have the issue

Both are doing crashes at any time so far here all the location I had the freezes/crash

1. Prologue as soon as the blizzard fade of the game freeze
  2. capter 7 during the ship sequence (during the flying sequence)
  3. on chapter 8 as soon as you get out of the ship at the beginning
  4. on chapter 18 when you have to flight between the 2 alien station
  5. on capter 9 I cannot load this chapter it always freeze a soon as the loading on the right corner disappear
  6. Doing a save and quit always freeze during to loading back to the main menu
  7. if you press the playstation button on the remote durin a video sequence it froze

These are all the location I was able to see at the moment

To give you a history of what I have done is:

I bought the digital downlaod on my first one 

As soon as I start the game for the first time during the prologue it froze over and over at point 1

then my playstation start to do the recovery each time I powered it back ON so I was thinking the playstation was the trouble

I bought a new one the super slim model

Then A have done a complete transfer from one playstation to he other

Stat the game and Worked fine for a complete playstrought 

then now I want to do the collectible and it always froze

I then formated both playstation and try again and both are doing the same thing...

Thanks in advance I hope this will help you located the trouble

If I removed my ethernet cable from the back of my Ps3 I'm able to play offline

I try to not connect myself to EA 

and I try via Wireless 

Always the same trouble only when my PS3 is not connected to any network that I can play normally

I have a digital version 

Message 1 of 4 (1,019 Views)

Re: Ps3 Crash/freezing issue with Dead space 3

★★★★ Novice
I have the exact same problem! Did you ever find a solution? Thanks Standard smile
Message 2 of 4 (933 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In summary, he narrowed it down to the internet connection. The PS3 version does not crash in many instances as long as no network connection to the internet exists. But if it is connected, regardless of any connection to EA/Origin, the game locks up at various points within the game. That's an impressive amount of work and a good starting point for EA to look at when trying to find out what is causing the problem.

Myootiny, I haven't heard of the internet connection causing the problem until now. When I am able to, I will try to do a little research on it.

Message 3 of 4 (926 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any update on this? I just started playing myself and can't get past the 1st part of e prologue after killing the first two necromorphs- once I pass through the smoking entrance to the ship the game glitches and I die.
Message 4 of 4 (557 Views)