Progress reverted from 100% to 0% with 218 hours of game play

by Chonn83

Original Post

Data deleted

★★★ Newbie

I was playing online with my friend and he left the game to go play something else so I when to go play solo and when I clicked it. It said I was 0% through the game when ive beaten it twice so I have my friend join back hoeping to get my data back but nope still 0%  any way to fix this

Message 1 of 10 (735 Views)

Re: Data deleted

★★★ Newbie

Me and my friend have the same issue. I was the host he was the client yesterday. Maybe I abandoned the game first with Save and Quit. Today we wanted to continue the game from Last saved game and all of his data gone(Progress 0%, Weapons, Upgrades, everything...). It's very frustrating. We were at the 14th chapter. He has to start again from the beginning???

Message 2 of 10 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

other than posting messages and hopeing someone has the answer is there any way to report this to EA directly? 

Message 3 of 10 (707 Views)

★★ Novice

Had this same problem, all my progress is gone, only the "Continue from last save point" works.

Message 4 of 10 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here, was playing chapter 14  co-op mission when the host gave me some health packs then the host left, I saved and quit. when I loaded my last saved file I had. I checked my inventory and saw I had nothing and I was sitting next to the bench in the hallway of chapter 14's rosetta lab. knowing full well that the last thing I did solo was beat the game. So I turned off my xbox and reloaded the game. to my suprise my save file said I had played for 31+hrs but with 00.0% completion, please tell me there something that can be done to reverse this. I still have all of my achievments as proof 

ps: it happened 10th/Feb/2013 about 7:40pm HST

Message 5 of 10 (681 Views)

Game crash on saving and percentage progress reset to ZERO

★★★★ Novice

went back to play Dead Space 3 after a hiatus, presumably in that time the game was probably updated (don't know for sure, last time I played the game Awakening DLC had just come out and had been installed and played through - great DLC -

but now upon returning the lastest save I have has reset its progress to 0.00% complete yet all missions are accessible, all unlocks - suits, weapons, upgrade chips, from alien to unitologist, all audio logs collected + artifacts... all the stuff I unlocked collecting these things has remained.

HOWEVER when attempting to simply continue playing (I've never been one to be bothered about a save game with a 'you've got 100% completion' besides the ingame unlocks) the game either crashes or fails to process when it attempts to save the game again... my guess is that its got incompatible data for some reason- the fact that I've got all unlocks yet the games 'percieved' progress is at 0.00 can't seem to handle it or somesuch.

Unfortunately this has rendered my game unplayable as I can no longer save my progress much less continue with the profile I've invested 50+ hours into. I don't know about you but the prospect of losing all that is one hell of a pain.

I know this sounds like a customer going 'please wave magic wand now' but damnit, is there any way at all to fix this/can this please be looked into?

Regards, irritated, loyal, but irritated customer.

Message 6 of 10 (609 Views)

★★★★ Novice

gone to the direct teams for help and whilst there's no results as of yet, this issue has become elevated and a team is dealing with it...

my guesses is that its either got something to do with how the Awakening DLC interacts with save games... and whether DLC saves are then recognized properly by the full game. or its got something to do with resource packs being absent... either by design or bug from purchase or aquisition via ration seals - I'll go and ask about THIS problem too.

I say this because I've still got a fully working 80+ % game profile that is still working and has not had these problems and the only thing its missing is... interaction with the Awakened DLC and at this time I hadn't even DISCOVERED ration packs much less figured out how to get them and use them.

as a result this could be a consequence of basically the game essentially being updated and the savegames we have not being able to keep up with it...

just a guess... very much a laymans guess too.

Message 7 of 10 (594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I may be onto something here. 

I've tried to figure out if its DLC interaction but as it stands...

I think its inventory management

simple as having too much stuff, too many crafted weapons, too much stuff in player inventory normally limited by inventory size (but this is avoided in some cases as I'll explain) the game save file can't log all the information and it... 'forgets' stuff:

mission progress, ticked checkpoints, number of artifacts collected but not the subsequent unlocks or the fact that you should be able to access all the levels at least from the start.

my own personal problem started when I noticed that keycards to access new areas weren't being deleted and were even becoming duplicated in my inventory... and I can't get rid of those flipping things. 

but if I start a new game (NO, not a new profile but just start from the first chapter), play a few chapters and let the game relearn what my save file size should be like, I can continue to save and the game doesn't crash when I try to on the bugged profile.

UNFORTUNATELY there's no answer on how we can fix how the game recognizes certain things, like checkpoint logs (starting a chapter from a specific checkpoint of mission, optional or otherwise) or even get the save to recognize once more how much we've done...

but the profile in itself is working again

I'm riding 'EA help' to get them to solve this somehow. hopefully even get them to fix the save games themselves, but I'd probably be happy with them damn well fixing the cause of the problem so we all don't loose data and the logs of our achievements and collected items.

Hope this gives... well Hope to you all...

Message 8 of 10 (587 Views)

Complete loss of all data

★★ Apprentice

Hi guys,

I just pulled out Dead Space 3 for a co-op game with my buddy, but all of my data, save progress and weapons have all disappeared. I had 100% completion, numerous fully upgraded weapons (3x damage, reload, etc) and resources numbering up to 60,000 scrap metal.

I'm on Xbox 360 and have no idea how to get this back. 

Any help would be awesome.

Message 9 of 10 (580 Views)

Progress reverted from 100% to 0% with 218 hours of game play

★★★ Newbie

I have over 218 hours of game play into Dead Space 3 and have 1 save with 94% completion at 26 hours and another with 100% completion. Have had many issues with random crashes in the past but have always been able to come back and play without any issues. 

Earlier today, my 100% completion save with 218 hours changed to 0% completion with 218 hours.  I'm not able to start a new +game anymore because it's no longer recognizing that I have completed the game in its entirety, yet I can still load in at the last checkpoint before the very last scene in the game - and complete the game. (after which it still says 0%) I also still have all of my inventory.

It crashes each and every time I try to save. Whether in co-op, single play or offline, It will crash at every checkpoint/save. My other save seems to work just fine.

PC specs are definitely not the issue. Have already reinstalled both Origin and the game. Neither worked. 

Is there ANY solution to get my progress back and stop all of the crashes? Or am I out of luck and have to start over? 

Message 10 of 10 (601 Views)