PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★ Novice
That's strange that the site thinks shu.tdow.s is a bad word...
Message 61 of 156 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm having a crashing issue to I will go to the weapon crafting bench and craft weapons and next save will freeze stopped crafting weapons and hasint froze since , i like making wepons in games so I still would like to know how to fix it thanks in advance.
Message 62 of 156 (1,521 Views)

★★ Novice
Wow, I just realized that my game last froze when I put the heavy SCAF frame on a weapon and unlOcked all circuits. That's weird. Maybe there's a problem with rendering.
Message 63 of 156 (1,513 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Do u know how to fix it
Message 64 of 156 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm glad that some have gotten 2 actually play the game I'd like 2 at least have an hour on the game b4 mine crashes an completely turns off my fat ps3...there is no warning or freezing just complete shutdown like someone yanked the power cord within 10 minutes of starting dead space what I'd give 4 an hour of uninterrupted game play
Message 65 of 156 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have 2 Playstation,

A old  fat 40 GB hard drive change for a 500GB model CECHH01

And a new super slim model CECH-4001C LW 500GB

I bought the digital download and I cannot play any co op mission since It always freeze

I also reformat my playstation 2 time both and still have the issue I redownload the game 3 times still have the issue

Both are doing crashes at any time so far here all the location I had the freezes/crash

1. Prologue as soon as the blizzard fade of the game freeze
  2. capter 7 during the ship sequence (during the flying sequence)
  3. on chapter 8 as soon as you get out of the ship at the beginning
  4. on chapter 18 when you have to flight between the 2 alien station
  5. on capter 9 I cannot load this chapter it always freeze a soon as the loading on the right corner disappear
  6. Doing a save and quit always freeze during to loading back to the main menu
  7. if you press the playstation button on the remote durin a video sequence it froze

These are all the location I was able to see at the moment

To give you a history of what I have done is:

I bought the digital downlaod on my first one 

As soon as I start the game for the first time during the prologue it froze over and over at point 1

then my playstation start to do the recovery each time I powered it back ON so I was thinking the playstation was the trouble

I bought a new one the super slim model

Then A have done a complete transfer from one playstation to he other

Stat the game and Worked fine for a complete playstrought 

then now I want to do the collectible and it always froze

I then formated both playstation and try again and both are doing the same thing...

Thanks in advance I hope this will help you located the trouble

Message 66 of 156 (1,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also Try to play another game to empty the ram from dead space 3.

I have play for almost 7 hours to another game and still dead space  is freezing 

Message 67 of 156 (1,372 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an original PS3 & have never had any problems with it until i started playing Dead Space 3. The PS3 just switches itself off about 10-15 minutes into the game.

I sent the PS3 out for repair thinking it was a fault with the console, but it was returned to me with no fault found. The repairer played games on it for hours with no problem at all.

I tried playing the game again & the same thing happens. I deleted some old files, made some extra space on the hard drive but the problem still exists.

I decided to try some other games from my collection - no problem at all.

The game seems to be the issue.  Very frustrating as I pre-ordered this game months ago & have been anxious to play it.

Any ideas??

Message 68 of 156 (1,301 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah, look at my first post. That's actually the problem.
Message 69 of 156 (1,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I sent my console back to the repairer a second time so they could check it out.

This is his response:

"Interesting.. I had another PS3 arrive today with the same problem as well.. Different game they have but it too shuts it down. When I am playing GTA or FIFA no shut downs..

Hopefully I can figure this out, it's very rare and seems to have just started occurring.. This customer just updated the PS3 software as well so I'm thinking its something to with the operating system. Am trying deleting files and rebuilding hard drives to see if that makes a difference though the more thought that goes into this the more I think its the operating system and not the games or PS3.."

Message 70 of 156 (1,287 Views)