PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★ Novice
Just got my copy today, and it crashes just like the demo did (3 beeps after up to ten minutes)

Game and console fully updated, CECHE01 series, 80gb hd "fat" ps3

If I lived in the US I'd be willing to lend my PS3 to EA. It is very frustrating not being able to play but I know it sucks for the dev team as well, since this kind of problem (or problems) are a pain to diagnose
Message 51 of 156 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There doesn't seem to be any real commanality between the consoles that i've seen posted. First gen, second gens, slims, models sold outside the US, etc. But I have noticed quite a bit of CECHE01 have been reported.

I also have a 80GB PS3 (model CECHE01).

Message 52 of 156 (1,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's quite a hard problem.

Cause it seems like its not regional based, PS3 model based, or anything with faulty CD's.

The only thing i haven't said is that i play on a sub-account. Although i doubt that will be the problem.

Maybe it's also a good idea of me to mention that i did have it returned to Playstation for repairs. (I had a error where it wouldnt read my discs anymore)
That was a year ago i think.

It could be that other people also had it send to Playstation and they replaced something. (I'm just saying random things now i guess)

Message 53 of 156 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Archomedic wrote:

It's quite a hard problem.

Cause it seems like its not regional based, PS3 model based, or anything with faulty CD's.

The only thing i haven't said is that i play on a sub-account. Although i doubt that will be the problem.

Maybe it's also a good idea of me to mention that i did have it returned to Playstation for repairs. (I had a error where it wouldnt read my discs anymore)
That was a year ago i think.

It could be that other people also had it send to Playstation and they replaced something. (I'm just saying random things now i guess)

Also not that.

My brother plays on a first gen 80g model and he owns and plays through his main account. I play though a sub-account of his main and I own a PS3 Slim model. He gets the randomly-freezing -> 3 beeps issue, I do not; although I did experience 2-3 random freezes throughout my whole Dead Space 3 experience, granted it might've just been from playing for an extended period of time seeing as how I've already invested about 50 hours into the game.

Message 54 of 156 (1,513 Views)

★ Apprentice

@wickedllama wrote:

Also not that.

My brother plays on a first gen 80g model and he owns and plays through his main account. I play though a sub-account of his main and I own a PS3 Slim model. He gets the randomly-freezing -> 3 beeps issue, I do not; although I did experience 2-3 random freezes throughout my whole Dead Space 3 experience, granted it might've just been from playing for an extended period of time seeing as how I've already invested about 50 hours into the game.

This problem just keeps getting further away from getting solved. Haha

Well then i'll just hope for the best and EA's team to work on this issue.

Keep us informed EA =D And ask whenever you need us 

Message 55 of 156 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I live in Toronto, ON

I have two playstations and it freezes within the same frame everytime on both ps3s. (after replacing the game). Dispite being very different models they reproduce the same error exactly, meaning we should look at what they have in common. 

- Both are fully updated and run all other games well. 

- I have Netflix, Music Unlimited installed. As well as several movies stored on the HD. 

- Media connection is disabled on both. 

- Several downloaded from PSN games such as Mass Effect 3 and HItman installed. 

- Both are well vented, and one has a cooling station (slim). 

- I had the Playstation wireless headset plugged in. 

- Both connect wirelessly. 

- One uses HDMI and the other uses 720p component cable. 

Hope this helps. 

Cant think of what else, but if you have specific questions, Id gladly answer

Message 56 of 156 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Novice

What really sucks is that this game can't be returned once open to a retailer. Usually only exchanged.

I bet EA won't do the right thing and reimburse us either. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 57 of 156 (1,427 Views)

★★ Novice
After reading a few of these postings I have. One to the conclusion tat the issue is either with the game itself or the new patch update titled "1.2", I was actually able to go through the game three times before the update. At one point I played a good 4 hours straight without any issues. I also have the new Asassins Creed super slim ps3 3004 with an upgraded 1tb hard drive so that kills the old "phat" model theory...especially when the issue happens even when people buy new discs as well. When should we expect to see a patch that fixes what the 1.2 patch messed up? I'm livid because I can't go 20 mins without my ps3 freezing while loading.
Message 58 of 156 (1,422 Views)

★ Apprentice

@haxxxo wrote:
After reading a few of these postings I have. One to the conclusion tat the issue is either with the game itself or the new patch update titled "1.2", I was actually able to go through the game three times before the update. At one point I played a good 4 hours straight without any issues. I also have the new Asassins Creed super slim ps3 3004 with an upgraded 1tb hard drive so that kills the old "phat" model theory...especially when the issue happens even when people buy new discs as well. When should we expect to see a patch that fixes what the 1.2 patch messed up? I'm livid because I can't go 20 mins without my ps3 freezing while loading.

I'm sorry but this problem already occured to us on the day it was released.

But maybe they can look into the 1.2 patch and maybe one of the changes could be related to what happens to most of us.

Message 59 of 156 (1,419 Views)

★★ Novice
I have no doubt people experienced this before the update. Much like how I was one of the lucky few that was able to play Black Ops 2 without any problems before their update and now people that used to be complaining on forums are fine now and I'm the one getting random **bleep** downs. I had a perfectly smooth experience before the update and honestly eliminated all other possibilities because of the fact that I have 49hrs in the game without any problems like I'm getting now. When is the next update supposed to be set? I know that the dev teams test and repair on the fly so there must be something in the making. I just want to know when so I know when to pop the disc back in and try to play again unabated.
Message 60 of 156 (1,413 Views)