Re: PC BUG REPORT: Cannot spend Ration Seals.

by Cimetiere

Original Post

★★ Novice

I own 2 copies of Dead Space 3 on the 360, which I fired up just this comment... They have 3 resource packs now. One for 10, one for 30 and one for 60, a normal, an ultra one and an epic one. Me and my son really enjoy that game (I suppose I should say it's really me :P)  Just recently, a friend of mine wanted to try this, and my son and I built some beastly computers, so we thought we'd buy a few games to go along... We already have done Dying Light and Far Cry 4, Alien Isolation... we thought we'd go back to some originals, and Dead space was on special! So hey! So I bought a total of 3 copies. We're all a bunch of nerds anyway. We started on hard since, well... We're hardcore nerds. And.... Well, game's fine at the beginning, but when the benches show up, I think those ration seals... THEY'RE REALLY PART OF THE GAME. HULLO. 3 games, with DLC content in the shops still fully available, but with in game ration seals that DO NOTHING. Then I turn around with my old * XBOX 360, and they added stuff, seriously...  Please fix it.

Message 191 of 230 (2,882 Views)

★★ Novice

Recently had a chat with one of their representative, they said they were working on a fix. Let's hope it comes sooner than later. Had time to beat it on hard with my son, already going on our second play through and we're gonna go for impossible difficulty since hard was getting rather easy with the proper guns... We got over 300 unused ration seals... Yup. Well... Just thought I'd mention it's still not fixed.

Message 192 of 230 (2,838 Views)

★ Novice

Bit of a necro here.
Looked everywhere for answers as to why I couldn't see the Resource Packs while my friend could and no one was able to provide a clear answer or workaround to make it work. I've managed to fix it when someone hinted that the option was only available for US users.

Problem: Resource Packs are unavailable.
Answer: The Resource Packs tab is Region Locked to only work in certain countries, notably the USA.
Workaround: Connect to a VPN to exchange your Ration Seals. Connecting to a network in the USA worked for me. Log in to the game normally, agree to everything the game gives you as errors in terms of connection issues if there's any and make your way to a Weapon Bench. The tab should be available for you to redeem your rewards.

Tunnel Bear as a free service worked for me but it's probable that other VPN Networks also work. Just set up a free account, you don't need to pay for it. It's limited to 500 MB traffic per month but you'll only use about 5 MB.
General usage for this is simply claiming your rewards, disconnecting from the VPN and uninstalling if you don't plan to use it anymore.

Note: as it was stated a bit everywhere on the internet I'll include this here for any new player; buying the 30 ration seal pack gives you better rewards overall than the 60 ration seal one.

Message 193 of 230 (2,738 Views)

★★★ Novice

shame years later this problem is still here Frown i can acess dlc menu but no option for resource packs, guess no reason to do all the game modes or go for collections

Message 194 of 230 (2,618 Views)

★★ Novice

It's still not fixed on PC. And by that I mean it works just fine on XBOX 360. Dunno about PS3, but my guess is it works there as well. So really, it must be as simple as they don't wanna bother to fix it. And no, I won't settle for going through some third party to buy things that I should have access in game. Although thank you for finding that solution, I'm sure some people will be thankful, however I think I'd rather play it when all it's features are all there, you know? I really liked me some rations seals. Now they're just... Well, they're stacking. Cool

Message 195 of 230 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SketchyRaccoon Wow 2019 and I still can't buy the the packs. Gj EA. Guess I'm not buying anything from you anymore.
Message 196 of 230 (2,030 Views)

★★★ Novice
Came back to this series after 4 year break, looking for real classic hardcore games to play (hard to find good games today). And all I found is where it all started: Good games turned into trash by greedy developers, respawning itens everywhere allowing you to farm forever, a lot of trash dumped into my stash that makes the game a walk in the park even on hardest dificulty - o LOT of handholding.
Don't take me wrong, this game is GREAT if you play it properly, but your greed and irresponsability into fixing your mistakes managed to ruin the whole game industry.
Message 197 of 230 (2,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@myudoicp 2021 and nothing has been fixed
Message 198 of 230 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this game on PS3, and ration seals have always worked there. As a test, I loaded it up just now, and checked. On PS3, resource packs are available to purchase with ration seals.

I purchased Dead Space 3 on Steam, thinking the same features would all be available, but this particular feature does not appear on my Steam version, and I'm located in the USA. Sad this still isn't fixed, because this seems to be the only way to get the MKV weapon parts.

Things I've tried:

Reinstall Origin

Reinstall the game

Enable Origin In-Game

Disable Origin In-Game

Disconnect from the internet

System is a high end, Windows 10 PC, with wired, gigabit internet.

Message 199 of 230 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

August 2021. Still hasn't been fixed but oddly enough a streamer showed me that it does work for him live on his stream. The stream ended before he answered my question as to if he had the Awakening DLC installed. When he choose to use the rations the menu went straight to the Resource tab and he was able to use the rations. We are both in the USA. Both in the Midwest. Neighboring states. Yet, it doesn't work for me. If I had known this before I bought the bundle then I would not have bought it. The packs still work on the PS3 but I do get a connection error after about two purchases. Then I have to shut off the PS3 and try again later. 

Message 200 of 230 (894 Views)