Re: PC BUG REPORT: Cannot spend Ration Seals.

by Daxdin

Original Post

★★ Novice

Yip, having the same issues. Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet? and if it has been fixed or if there is a workaround please let me know

cheers  

Message 181 of 230 (6,323 Views)

★ Novice

Playing this game after a while of taking a break from it, also disappointed that it's missing. I'll update my Origin and everything to see if that solves it first.

Message 182 of 230 (6,154 Views)

★ Novice

Just recently bought this game, and was looking online for what the ration seals are for.

Now that I know, why am I not able to use them?

Tried the Downloadable content locations in Suit Kiosk, as well as in main menu, but there is no option to actually use them.

Also no place to even buy these resource packs.

I feel like I am being excluded from content that SHOULD be in the game, as it apparently was in the past. 

Please fix this.

Message 183 of 230 (6,099 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was able to spend ration seals playing this last year, but now the resource packs don't show up as an option. Having the overlay, not using any third party overlays, connected and can see all other purchasable options - but no ration seals.

Message 184 of 230 (6,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just so everyone gets the heads up: there were servers responsible for the whole ration-seals/resource-packs trade system, these servers were shut down since Dead Space 3 was a commercial failure and the player base is not large enough to warrant the maintenance of such servers.

Message 185 of 230 (6,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah well, thanks for the heads up.

Message 186 of 230 (6,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

While this was always a possibility in any game involving cloud server resources, is it possible for someone to write a quick fix? Something that just turns the resource system back around on itself so that ration seals are the only currency used, and it's handled entirely locally on the user's computer? Seems to me all it really requires is a short script with a random number generator and the local system could handle the whole thing. Or failing that, just a simple unlock that puts all the Mark V resources in a player's inventory. Heck, I'd shell out a couple bucks for a late DLC resource which put all the Mark V parts in my inventory, for what it's worth.

Message 187 of 230 (5,990 Views)

★ Novice

@3rdmillhouse, that is definitely not true. Just played through the other day, and updating the Origin client to Beta is what sorted this whole overlay issue out for me. Not only are the servers still up for the transactions, but so are the matchmaking servers.

Message 188 of 230 (5,732 Views)

★ Novice

Being august, almost September 2016, I could play co-op online in Origin. But, yes, still with no option to buy the resource packs. Now, wiki called it a "bug" Let me quote

"Note: Players may experience a bug in the PC version of Dead Space 3, preventing the purchase of resource packs" (Source: http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content_for_Dead_Space_3#Resource_Packs )

So, how to tackle a bug of this nature? Not sure, but like most other guys, blame devs first for it, then ask for a solution. Or make a mod that circunvents this problema, which, may not be viable at this moment.

Any thoughts?

Message 189 of 230 (5,671 Views)

★★ Novice

it got deactivated by E.A in the past by installing the game from the dvd fixed that problem but now it doesn't work anymore ether

Message 190 of 230 (5,631 Views)