Re: "Origin in game" not available in Dead Space 3

by bjaws91

Original Post

In Game Origin problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have Dead Space 3 buyed downloaded and instaled and when i open the game in game origin is not avalible when i press F1 + Shift i use windows 8 Please Help !!! Note : i have tried both origin ingame settings all games and supported games only. I want to buy some dlc s for the game but i am afraid they don't work Frown

Message 18 of 37 (4,383 Views)

"Origin in game" not available in Dead Space 3

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I wrote to tech support. I was told to go here.Correspondence with tech support:
Sesenando: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Sesenando. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello! I've already talked to you today.Seems,case 09601515. My "origin in game" in dead space 3 does not work . I was told to remove the program and install it. I reinstalled Windows 8(OC). it did not help me
Sesenando: Could you please be more specific or provide an additional information on the issue that you are having?
you: OK
you: Not working "origin in game" in dead space 3
you: That's a problem that is similar to mine http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Origin-in-game-says-it-must-be-turned-on-Still-not-working/m-p...
you: Sorry for my English. I am from Russia =)
you: That's a problem which is similar to mine*
Sesenando: No worries, your english is doing fine.
you: ok)
you: thanks google translate xD
Sesenando: I am sorry to hear that you're having an issue playing Dead Space 3. I definitely understand the inconvenience this matter is to you but do not worry, I'll do whatever I can to assist you on this one.
Sesenando: May I please have your name so that I can address you properly?
you: Vladislav)
Sesenando: Nice to meet you, Vladislav.
Sesenando: Are you receiving any notification while experiencing the issue?
Sesenando: Are you still there?
you: Yes.I received a notice . Turn "origin of the game"
Sesenando: Vladislav, may I please know the exact notification that you are receiving while experiencing the issue?
you: Ok.1-2 min
Sesenando: Ok.
you: origin in game is not available.When disabled "origin in game" downloadable content available. Exit the game, activate the function " origin in game" in the software setup origin, then restart dead space 3
Sesenando: Can you provide me a screenshot?
you: inscription in Russian)
you: how do I show it to you?
you: screenshot ready)
Sesenando: Can you write here the exact notification?
you: in Russian?
Sesenando: Yes, please.
you: Origin In Game недоступен. При отключенной функции Origin In Game загружаемый контент недоступен.Выйдите из игры,активируйте функцию Origin In Game в программных настройках Origin,затем снова запустите Dead Space TM 3.
you: Origin In Game недоступен. При отключенной функции Origin In Game загружаемый контент недоступен.Выйдите из игры,активируйте функцию Origin In Game в программных настройках Origin,затем снова запустите Dead Space TM 3.
Sesenando: Thank you for that information.
you: =)
Sesenando: Could you please check if your Origin in game overlay is disabled or enabled. :
Here is the link that may greatly help to process this step.
https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-enable-the-in-game-feature-in-all-games-available-in-origin
you: ok
you: In other games, everything works fine. Feature was enabled
Sesenando: I see.
you: What do I do next?
Sesenando: Here are the additional steps :

- Please check for your firewall, anti-virus and any third party application. Make sure that it is not blocking the game.
- Please try running the game via an administrator. Right-click the game executable or shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
If prompted, enter username and password for the administrator.
- Please check for any updates and try repairing your game installation. Please go to your games library then hover your mouse to your game icon or card the right tick. You will see an option to check for any updates and to repair install your game.
- Please check for any updates and try repairing your game installation. Please go to your games library then hover your mouse to your game icon or card the right tick. You will see an option to check for any updates and to repair install your game.
you: My antivirus windows security essentials.I disabled firewall and Run as administrator
you: wait
Sesenando: Please run origin as an admin instead.
you: ok
you: not working
you: =(
you: Maybe it's because of windows 8? :D
Sesenando: Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode?
you: no xD
Sesenando: No worries, could you please try these steps :

Navigate to the desktop.
Right-click the game shortcut and select Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Click the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
Select Try recommended settings.
Ask the customer to read off the applied settings and notate them in case notes.
Click the Test the program... button to test the new compatibility settings.
If the game functions correctly, click Yes, save these settings for this program.
Sesenando: How's it?
you: not working
Sesenando: Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Origin?
you: Yes.Not working
Sesenando: For clarification, are you seeing your game in your games library?
you: yes
Sesenando: Do you have the option to play the game?
you: yes)
Sesenando: Are you able to launch it?
you: may have something to write in the properties of the game? (command line in origin)
Sesenando: And then what will happen?
you: I do not know
you: launch?
Sesenando: Yes when you launch/start the game are you able to play it?
you: but I can not invite a friend to play co-op mode. he can
Sesenando: If you are able to play the game, what seems to be the issue.
Sesenando: I see,
Sesenando: So the issue here is that you are unable to invite a friend to co-op? Yes?
you: yes,in game)))
Sesenando: Can your friend invite you to play a co-op game?
Sesenando: Have you tried these ways in inviting your friend?

From the Pause Menu, simply select "Invite Friend," and choose your desired player.
After you've created a Public or Private game by selecting Co-Op Campaign from the Main Menu, select "Invite Friend" from the co-op lobby.
Sesenando: 1.From the Pause Menu, simply select "Invite Friend," and choose your desired player.
2.Create a Public or Private game by selecting Co-Op Campaign from the Main Menu, select "Invite Friend" from the co-op lobby.
Sesenando: Have you tried that?
you: i have not tried
Sesenando: I see,.
Sesenando: I would suggest to try those steps to invite your friend.
Sesenando: Alright.
you: not working((
Sesenando: As for this matter, I would suggest to write or post a feedback in our website so that our developers and game administrator will be aware of your issue. Please note that they are checking for reports or feedback such as this to help our players. Don't you worry, I'll take a note of this matter as well to address your issue.
Sesenando: Ok.
Sesenando: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Sesenando: Are we still connected?
you: escribe my problem on your forum?
Sesenando: Yes.
you: ok((((
Sesenando: I'm really sorry about that,
you: (
Sesenando: I'll be providing you a 15% discount code for your next game purchase to compensate you on the issue. This code can be redeemed at: http://store.origin.com and is valid till (Last day of the Calendar month) on released games (except Pre-orders, new releases and few selected titles
Sesenando: Would you like me to provide you this code?
you: no.thanks you)bye
Message 1 of 37 (5,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine says that origin in game is disabled but it is not. i have turned it off then back on. updated. im out of ideas

Message 2 of 37 (5,646 Views)

★★ Novice
So it works for you?
Message 3 of 37 (5,635 Views)

★★ Novice
What is your operating system? I have windows 8
Message 4 of 37 (5,629 Views)

origin in game wont work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

dont work and never works in DS3. In other game works fine. I'm trying to fix it from fev weeks but still nothing. Game and Origin reinstalled many Times. Origin in beta version. Origin in game on for every game. in game its on. ive trying with difrent visual setting in Game. desable firewall and anti virus softwere. both game  and program run as administrator and in compatibility Mode with win XP and Vista. I'm using win 7 x64 game works fine but OIG wont work any time. plese help cant play with my friend.

Edit: My bro buy game tooday and OIG works fine for him. he can invite me to co-op but I can't.

Edit: Solved my self. turn of Beta in Origin

Message 5 of 37 (4,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got it to work by booting it with admin privilages through Steam and having Dead Space run in full-screen windowed mode.

Message 6 of 37 (5,592 Views)

★★ Novice

but how did you do that? it wont work on Steam still using origin to launch

Message 7 of 37 (5,584 Views)

★★ Novice

The one that worked for me was updating to the beta origin client.

Opt into the beta in the origin prefrences menu, reload, update, worked after that.

Message 8 of 37 (5,569 Views)

★★ Novice

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Confusedmileyvery-happy: He had just started to work himself. Works even in full-screen mode

Message 9 of 37 (5,397 Views)