Idea for Co-Op Missions Single Player for Dead Space 3 or 4 (if it's MP)

by Leo716

Original Post

Idea for Co-Op Missions Single Player for Dead Space 3 or 4 (if it's MP)

★★★ Novice

So how about instead of sealing off certain parts of the game for ONLY multiplayer, and attaching achievements or weapon parts/logs/ect... to said parts, how about making it so you can play as either Issac or Carver in the campaign. This way, if you want to play Co-Op with a friend, great! If you don't have a stable connection or you're still playing it years after it's release and you can't find anyone willing to go through the "Co-Op ONLY missions", you aren't forced to leave the logs, weapon parts, uncompleted missions, un-seeable story portions behind.  I realize that this is virtually impossible for Dead Space 3 as it would take a lot of coding and additional resources for a game that isn't getting support any longer. So I suppose that this is more aimed at Dead Space 4. 

Personally, I hope they drop this silly Multiplayer from Dead Space 4. I think it was a good idea on the drawing board. But the story and gameplay suffered because someone insisted on making the game multiplayer. If you HAVE to add a multiplayer portion into the game, don't block out parts of it if a person doesn't have or can't get another person to play it. Make it competitive and it's own separate little thing like in Dead Space 2. I personally didn't enjoy the MP in Dead Space 2. But at least my story wasn't effected because I didn't want to play it.

PS: The reason I felt like I needed to get this out there is because I'm an achievement hunter and one of those "Gotta collect them all!" type players. I started gaming back in the very early 90's as a kid. And my true passion is RPG's. Which means, I despise multiplayer. Although, I do enjoy other types of games. Like this beautifully crafted universe and everything about it. And I even found a game whose multiplayer I loved, Mass Effect 3. I completely respect that other people have opinions that are different from my own. Perhaps I'm just a bit old fasioned about gaming. I don't anxiously await a new Call of Duty or Battlefield every year because all my buddies are getting it. When I get a game, I want to enjoy it. I want to enjoy the story, the universe, the lore. If a game has a great story line, I can deal with crappy mechanics (mostly). Like the Elder Scroll series. It's gameplay is weak, but the story/lore/world more than compensates for it. Fallout the same. Mass Effect. 

PSS: TLDR; Don't make the same mistake in Dead Space 4 with blocking portions of the game by forcing Co-Op multiplayer on us. Let us choose if we want to play with a friend.

Message 1 of 1 (496 Views)