[INFORMATION] Dead Space 3: Awakened FAQ

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[INFORMATION] Dead Space 3: Awakened FAQ

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys!

With the launch of Dead Space 3: Awakened, we want to provide you following information from our EA Helpcenter article:

What is Dead Space 3: Awakened?
Left for dead on the devastated planet of Tau Volantis, Isaac Clarke and John Carver face a daunting journey. As madness takes hold, they realize they can no longer trust their eyes or each other. Their trek leads them back to the derelict ship Terra Nova. The horror continues as the Dead Space saga enters its darkest chapter.

When can I get Dead Space 3: Awakened?
It will be available for purchase on March 12, 2013 for most users, while EU PlayStation players will be able to grab it March 13.

How do I get Dead Space 3: Awakened?
Dead Space 3: Awakened will be available for download via the Xbox Live Marketplace, the Sony PlayStation Network Store, and Origin on PC.

How much is Dead Space 3: Awakened?
You'll be able to find Awakened for $9.99, or 800 Microsoft Points.

What else is included in Awakened?
In addition to new story content, Dead Space 3: Awakened gives players the opportunity to find MK-II Overclocked weapon parts and gold tier (+3) circuits on their first play-through experience.  Dead Space 3: Awakened can also be accessed using any of the New Game+ game mode options.

How do I access Dead Space 3: Awakened in game?
In either the Solo or Co-op Campaign menus, select “Play Downloadable Content” to access Dead Space 3: Awakened.

I’ve downloaded Dead Space 3: Awakened but I can’t access the content.  What do I do?
Simply download the latest game patch. 

If you downloaded Dead Space 3: Awakened but don’t have the latest patch, you will NOT have access to the DLC content from the front end. 

Players must have the latest game patch for their new chapters to be available.

Will there be achievement unlocks in Dead Space 3: Awakened?
Yes, players will be able to unlock achievements in Dead Space 3: Awakened

How large is the Dead Space 3: Awakened download?
The Dead Space 3: Awakened download is 1.16 GB on the PS3, 1.12 GB on the X360, and 1.2 GB on PC.

Does Dead Space 3: Awakened support co-op play?
As with the full game, Dead Space 3: Awakened will continue to support the exciting action of co-op gameplay.

Will I be able to use my saved weapons from Dead Space 3 in Dead Space 3: Awakened?
Yes, your saved weapons from the main game will still be accessible in Awakened.

Cheers

Basti

Message 1 of 9 (27,865 Views)

Re: [INFORMATION] Dead Space 3: Awakened FAQ

★★★ Newbie

And how do I get the patch?? 

Message 2 of 9 (27,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so when i got this message of course i took the disc out and wiped it, no problems.  right after you put fuel into aircraft and are talking to carver about taking off i got this message.  i then took game out, wiped it tried again.  same issue.  then i realized this was dlc so i used disc 2.  well guess what, same issue with disc 2.  i havent seen anyone post the same problem yet though the dlc just came out today. 

some ppl have had similar issue online the normal game, where you transition from disc 1 to disc 2 but not awakened.  and apparently they had their games installed to HD.

any help would be much appreicated.

GSE2

USN

Message 3 of 9 (27,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to acess the Play Downloadable Content but it's not selectable. What should I do??? 

Message 4 of 9 (27,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I bought  the new DLC for PC through Origin and despite updating it 3 times and trying a repair install twice,  I still can't accesss the content. It looks super cool and I'm itching for more Dead Space, action please help 

Message 5 of 9 (27,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too cannot access "Play Downloadable Content", I purchased this game a month ago...  It only offers me the option to purchase again.  Wait time for "Online Help" is 1 hour...

Message 6 of 9 (26,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow, DLC released without even so much as giving an indication that EA is working on fixing the bugs in the PC version of DS3. Cool, guys. What a high level of quality you must strive to acheive!

Message 7 of 9 (26,288 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This piece of DLC is unavailable in Poland, isn't it? Why exactly is that? Since you've had the audacity to strip the last 3 hours from the game, and sell as "true ending DLC", why wouldn't you make it available to everyone? Why is my country constantly treated as third-class customers?

Message 8 of 9 (26,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello my names josh I played through again just to be sure my awakened required disk 2 though I was not having the same problem I believe it might be that your disk is warped or scratched maybe even a dirty lens in your console but if our not having that problem with other game that shouldn't be it so you might try going to your console settings and erasing the game cashe (not the game save!) and erasing awakened and redownloading to see if that fixes the problem it's worked for me when I couldn't get it to load when I first got the DLC so hopefully that works but I'll try and trouble shoot it with you if it dosent brother

Yours truly Grifkilla515 retired from servers by EA (BS) LCPL USMC
Message 9 of 9 (25,206 Views)