Re: I can not download the update for DeadSpace 3

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can not download the update for DeadSpace 3

★ Novice

I have left this running for 3 days now waiting for the game to update, I can not play it online with my brother or do set things in it because It will not update, It stays on 91% and will not move from there, Is there any reason for this, I have tried to reinstall the game but it did the exact same thing Frown and I also tried to "repair" the game through the Origin menu and that did nothing

Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@snake21193 At first, download and install the latest version of Origin atwww.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Set the permissions for the folder to /writable via a rightclick in the folder -> properties. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Cheers
Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (316 Views)

All Replies

@snake21193 At first, download and install the latest version of Origin atwww.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Set the permissions for the folder to /writable via a rightclick in the folder -> properties. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 4 (317 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much, that got the game working for me :D

Message 3 of 4 (308 Views)

@snake21193 really good to hear, thanks for keeping us updated and have fun playing.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 4 (296 Views)