Re: How do I change Dead Space 3 language?

by Diavoluo

Original Post

★ Novice

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 

Message 11 of 15 (2,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't' work for Russian. When I rename the game folder and change the client's language, it still offers me to download the game in Russian only. What the heck!??

Why do I, who bought the game, have to search for pirated Dead Space 3 versions, just to get the GDFBinary_en_US.dll file, to allow me to play in the language I want to play in??

What sort of mockery is this? 

I'll NEVER buy anything from Origin again, nor my brother (we planned to have a coop playthrough of DS3 with him, both of us speak English freely and we absolutely despise Russian localizations). Now it won't happen. 

Bye, Origin, I'll spend my money at Steam, who don't treat their customers like trash, and won't buy any Origin-only games anymore.

Message 12 of 15 (1,924 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @CheekySparr 

I am really sorry for those troubles with the game. Can you try to clear Origin cache files and install the game again? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 13 of 15 (1,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response, Archi.

I've found another solution that worked for me (from another thread):

DS3 checks for environment variable EAGameLocale, which I annoyingly always had set as ru_RU by parent process (Origin itself). So all you have to do is  create new system environment variable called EAGameLocale with desired value: en_US goes for english and so on.

[Step removed - Admin.] I'm not sure if that ridiculous step is optional, anyway, in the end it worked, I now have the game in English.

I'm 100% sure EA will have to reassess its blunt policy of 'forcing' some specific language onto players. Some of us are foreign language lovers. Some simply prefer to hear original voiceovers. Some localizations are just plainly bad. What's wrong, do we have to pay extra for the original language? 

Anyway I'm glad to have the staff attention and it shows that maybe things are to change. Sincerely hope so, in the meantime I'll remain with Steam and wait for the Origin to mature.

/rant off

Message 14 of 15 (1,909 Views)

★★ Novice

you are savior! in my case i want Russian instead of English, ive created system variable with ru_RU as you told and after restarting client game was became on Russian! thx alot!

Message 15 of 15 (996 Views)