Re: How do I change Dead Space 3 language?

by popanti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I change Dead Space 3 language?

★ Novice

I got the game, but my Windows is in spanish because I'm from Costa Rica, but I SERIOUSLY HATE the translated game, the voice acting is just terrible... I got everything in english, the Origin Client, the other games... etc...

How come the game never asked me for what language I wanted? and why it doesn't have an internal option for language switch?

I really want my game in english, I refuse to play it in spanish...

I'm a Computer Engineer so if its necesary to go through some files and change stuff, I will.

Message 1 of 15 (30,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I solved my problem of wanting the game in English (originally installed in Spanish).

So first I saw some posts about changing the "ConfigGDFBinaryPath" attribute in regedit to point to the proper language dll. But to my surprise my install only had one language dll: "GDFBinary_es_ES.dll".

This is what I did and it worked:

1. On the Origin Client go to Origin>Application Settings>General>Interface>Origin Client Language.
  2. Change the value to whatever language you want (my case was Spanish and I needed it in English)
  3. Go to Origin Games folder in program files and rename "Dead Space 3" folder to "Dead Space 3BAK" (really shouldn't matter what u rename it to)
  4. Go back to Origin client (I didn't have to close it before renaming the folder) and notice the game now says "Download" instead of "Play"
  5. Hit Download on Dead Space 3 game (it will create a new "Dead Space 3" folder)
  6. Go to the game download dialogue and click on the Pause icon to stop the download
  7. Go back to the Origin Games folder and Move/Replace everything from your "Dead Space 3BAK" into the new "Dead Space 3" folder. (Don't copy-paste, that will take longer and hog more HDD space).
  8. Go back to the Origin download dialogue window and click on the download icon button. For me it took seconds to go from 0% to 100%. (I am not sure but I think it only downloaded one new file: "GDFBinary_en_US.dll"
  9. Play and enjoy game in English!!

Hope this helps! Sorry for long post. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 15 (32,358 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi squallan!

You should delete your game from your Origin library first. You can safe the DSIII gamefolder on a different folder/drive/device for later use. Open your Origin, change in your account settings the language to "English" and restart the Origin client.

You should now be able to download the game in English and you can try to put your saved gamadata back to your gamefolder.

But no guarantee here, it might be that you need to download the whole game again.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 15 (30,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I solved my problem of wanting the game in English (originally installed in Spanish).

So first I saw some posts about changing the "ConfigGDFBinaryPath" attribute in regedit to point to the proper language dll. But to my surprise my install only had one language dll: "GDFBinary_es_ES.dll".

This is what I did and it worked:

1. On the Origin Client go to Origin>Application Settings>General>Interface>Origin Client Language.
  2. Change the value to whatever language you want (my case was Spanish and I needed it in English)
  3. Go to Origin Games folder in program files and rename "Dead Space 3" folder to "Dead Space 3BAK" (really shouldn't matter what u rename it to)
  4. Go back to Origin client (I didn't have to close it before renaming the folder) and notice the game now says "Download" instead of "Play"
  5. Hit Download on Dead Space 3 game (it will create a new "Dead Space 3" folder)
  6. Go to the game download dialogue and click on the Pause icon to stop the download
  7. Go back to the Origin Games folder and Move/Replace everything from your "Dead Space 3BAK" into the new "Dead Space 3" folder. (Don't copy-paste, that will take longer and hog more HDD space).
  8. Go back to the Origin download dialogue window and click on the download icon button. For me it took seconds to go from 0% to 100%. (I am not sure but I think it only downloaded one new file: "GDFBinary_en_US.dll"
  9. Play and enjoy game in English!!

Hope this helps! Sorry for long post. Standard smile

Message 3 of 15 (32,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that works! thx! 

Message 4 of 15 (29,589 Views)

★ Novice

Does this affects game saves? I mean, I've unlocked Devil Horns and I don't want to go through classic mode again. Does my classic mode save will be valid after I do this?

Message 5 of 15 (29,396 Views)

★★★ Novice

This solution is amazing! worked for me too! thanks a lot my friend!

Message 6 of 15 (29,360 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

Worked perfectly!

Message 7 of 15 (29,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you very much, I am from Costa Rica and it happened the same to me, so I changed the language of the origin app and then I change the name of the folder, etc...

Thanks a lot!!!!! I was terrified that I had to download all the game files once again!!
Message 8 of 15 (28,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your solution worked excellently, thank you very much!

Message 9 of 15 (28,884 Views)

★ Novice

Sir.

You are a true genius.

Much appreciated.

Message 10 of 15 (27,468 Views)