Graphics minimum requirements problem

by EggRollForce

Original Post

Graphics minimum requirements problem

★ Novice

I recently bought a laptop with a 860M and it well exceeds the reqirements for the game, yet it keeps coming up with the "Your graphics card does not meet the Dead Space 3 minimum requirements". As suggested in another thread, I plugged my computer into a monitor, and lo and behold, it worked! So this leads me to belive that the game has an (fairly large) issue with switchable graphics, and therefore cannot be played on a laptop with switchable graphics without a monitor to force the computer to use the descrete graphics. I was just wondering if there is any way to bypass that graphics check on boot. 

Thanks in advance,

AggroForce

Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: Graphics minimum requirements problem

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Have you already tried to force the game to run with the dedicated high speed GPU (rightclick on DS3) or to create a custom profile in your videocard driver suite to launch the game only with your dedicated GPU?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (296 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I have.

And what get me still is that DS1 is also doing the same thing. It's like it's only reading the Intel HD 4600 settings and completely ignoring the fact that I launched it with the nvidia card. I have also tried to launch the game with a custom profile, and none of it has worked. I just need a way to tell the game to check both cards rather than the first avalible card

Message 3 of 4 (291 Views)

Community Manager

Try the following to be sure your discrete GPU is being used rather than the on-board IGP.

1. Open the nvidia control panel
  2. Manage 3D settings, Program settings tab
  3. Click add to choose the program to customize
  4. Click browse and choose: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space 3\deadspace3.exe
  5. Set your graphics preferences and click apply.

Let us know if this helps you play.

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)