Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

by woodynozz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

★★★ Novice

I have posted this a few times but to no avail..

I have windows 7

i5 3210m

gtx 670m

4Gig Ram

Dead space has not been able to launch from origin since i bought it on release. I know you have thought the solution was to remove any peripheral devices such as controllers etc but i dont even have any connected; i have a wireless reciever which i use for xbox 360 wireless controller but i havent had it plugged in.

Everytime i try to launch the game from Origin it will start to launch with the black screen then crash to desktop with the message " Dead Space 3 has stopped working"

All i want to do is play the game i payed good money for. Please help.

Regards,

Michael 

Message 2 of 74 (37,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game still doesn't Launch "Dead Space has stopped working"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have this exact problem since i bought the game on windows 8
I spoke in chat with support and they told me that this game isn't supported on windows 8, so i thought to install windows 7 and try to launch, but it seems the same problem occurse there too.
I tried to unplug all peripheral devices, but it didn't help
My video drivers and directs updated
Video card: GTX 560Ti
Windows 8 64 bit

update:
found page with solutions, one of them helped me

go to Start Menu>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>[Left Panel]Device Manager>Human Interface Devices [HID] and disable the HID compliant game controller

Hope it helps you too

View in thread

Message 3 of 74 (41,163 Views)

All Replies

DEAD SPACE 3

★★ Novice

9 hours into the game went to load it ut up before going to work and I get dead space 3 has stopped working. Tried loading from continue story and the other option both no joy can't even load from a chapter. Checked program integrity and it was intact. Windows 7 64 bit no controller keyboard and mouse only latest Nvidia drivers sound card drivers up to date. Just made it to the aft part of the ship to check on the shuttle when I shut it down last night. Oh well back to far cry 3.

Message 1 of 74 (34,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have this exact problem since i bought the game on windows 8
I spoke in chat with support and they told me that this game isn't supported on windows 8, so i thought to install windows 7 and try to launch, but it seems the same problem occurse there too.
I tried to unplug all peripheral devices, but it didn't help
My video drivers and directs updated
Video card: GTX 560Ti
Windows 8 64 bit

update:
found page with solutions, one of them helped me

go to Start Menu>Control Panel>System and Maintenance>System>[Left Panel]Device Manager>Human Interface Devices [HID] and disable the HID compliant game controller

Hope it helps you too

Message 3 of 74 (41,164 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your a legend! :D

Worked straighty away after disabling HID compliant game controller!

This needs to be broadcast more as there are still plenty of people who cant even access the game they paid for.

Thanks again for taking the time to look through the forum and post this solution. much appreciated.

Message 4 of 74 (36,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I agree with 'woodynozz' you are a LEGEND as in someone who should be wrote down in the history books not a thigh Confusedmileylol:

But seriously I have been searching around for a solution for this for like 4-5 days now while my smug friend sits there on skype telling me how amazing the game is so this should be shared everywhere so other people can see.

And this fix does work on windows 7 64 bit aswell as that is what I am using if anyone is wondering!

Thanks again!!! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 74 (36,734 Views)

Dead Space 3 has stopped working

★ Novice

I just downloaded and installed Dead Space 3 via the SimCity 5 offer but when I try to run the the game it the screen goes blank as f the game is starting and then it shows an error message that say "Dead Space 3 has stopped working"

Message 6 of 74 (34,708 Views)

Dead Space 3 not working

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded and installed Dead Space 3 via the SimCity 5 offer but when I try to run the the game it the screen goes blank as f the game is starting and then it shows an error message that say "Dead Space 3 has stopped working"

I would really like to play this game!

Message 7 of 74 (34,727 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 not working

★ Guide

Hello,

You can try to do this:

Right click on your game shortcut -> properties, select run as administrator and run with Windows XP compatiblity. Most importantly change your game to run in windowed mode from the in-game menu.

Is this working ?

Message 8 of 74 (34,719 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue, and running as administrator does not work.  Mine loads up black screen pops up then minimizes, no error though like the opening poster.  I try to maximaize again, still black screen, hear music, but then minimizes again.

Message 9 of 74 (34,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is the Origin in game overlay, If you turn that off via Origin->Application settings->In game, you should be able to play but you you won't be able to play co-op, and I don't know how to fix that

Message 10 of 74 (34,701 Views)