Downloading without Origin Client

by Sevi-chan

Original Post

Downloading without Origin Client

★★★ Newbie

Since trying to go through technical support got me nowhere—the game advisor failed to comprehend what I was even asking and still acted like they'd helped—I thought I'd try here.

I live in an area with very limited internet availability. Our only available home option has a data cap of 100gb, which, when shared with two other people, has to be used sparingly and strategically. This means that when I install games through Steam, I often make use of my linux netbook, the back-up feature in Steam, a python exploit, and free wifi at the coffee shop a few clicks up the road, transferring it over to my gaming PC when next I'm home. Unfortunately this very clearly is not an option now that I wish to install Dead Space 3 again.

Short of installing WINE, and running Origin through the virtual box, something outside my skills in regards to linux, is there any way in which I can access my game download without using the Origin Client? 

Message 1 of 2 (318 Views)

Re: Downloading without Origin Client

Community Manager

@Sevi-chan An option in this case would be to download the game from another location which doesn't have a cap, then transfer this files to your local Origin install location. 

http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (291 Views)