Re: Downloadable Contents, Connection Issue

by Rekalty

Original Post

Downloadable Contents, Connection Issue

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have an issue with Dead Psace 3 when trying to click on "Downloadable Contents" it appear with a message stating "cannot retrieve information from origin. Please check connection and try again".

What should I do?

Message 1 of 30 (2,369 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi masternueng!

Okay let's check if that is a Origin issue.

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 30 (2,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as the gentleman above. Tried aforementioned solutions but to no avail. 

Message 3 of 30 (2,293 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey Basti,

I followed your instruction on downloading and installing the latest version of Origin, including uninstalling it and trying to run on administrator. I turned off my antivirus and firewall, but still cannot connect. I however cannot check on the TCP UDP as I do not know how. I am using OPENnet, which is linked to my optical network terminal. The website do not have anything on either names. 

Please help.

Message 4 of 30 (2,292 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi ,

I followed your suggestions to the letter but the problem still persists in the PC version of the game running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Message 5 of 30 (2,273 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. I have opened all ports mentioned, disabled Windows Firewall as well as my anti-virus app, Origin run in Admin mode.

And still, Cannot Recieve Information message appears.

Message 6 of 30 (2,232 Views)

"Cannot retrieve information from Origin" when trying to access the DLC store ingame

★★★★ Novice

I purchased Dead Space 3 yesterday. The first few times I played I had access to the ingame DLC store at both the bench and the main menu. 

Since today, however, I cannot access the DLC store from neither the bench or the main menu, when I do, the message "Cannot retrieve information from Origin. Please check your connection and try again.", pops up. The news ticker displays announcements and DLC information, I do not get any messages concerning connection issues when using Origin outside the game or when it connects after you start up the game. 

I've done some wetwork through the knowledgebase, forums and google, and I have so far tried the following, most of these with machine reboots inbetween;

- Checked the port list that's been circulated around forums by EA support and opened all said ports, no solution

- Set the machine on which I play Dead Space 3 in DMZ, thus opening all two-way communication on all ports/protocols, still no ingame store

- Reinstalled Origin, nothing.

- Reinstalled Origin and Dead Space 3, this time on the same drive: I normally ran Origin from my system drive which is a SSD and installed all games on another drive, which is a regular HDD (in order to conserve drive space on my system drive), again, still no store.

- Checked if there happened to be some proxy server in effect that I'd forgotten about or was setup without my knowledge, not the case.

- Soft reset my router

- Hard reset my router by cutting power for over 10 minutes

- Hard reset my modem by cutting power for over 10 minutes

None of the above has helped so far, is there anything up with Origin itself, considering it's layout was changed recently, or did I miss anything? Love to see the ingame store functioning again so I can spend my hard earned money and ration seals.

Message 7 of 30 (2,209 Views)

Re: "Cannot retrieve information from Origin" when trying to access the DLC store ingame

Community Manager

In the Origin client try the Origin menu and then Application Settings, Origin in Game section then tick the box for Enable Origin In Game.

Barry.

barry.png
Message 8 of 30 (2,188 Views)

Re: "Cannot retrieve information from Origin" when trying to access the DLC store ingame

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Dear Barry,

Thanks for the reply, but this was already ticked on, the overlay also works, and since the issue arose - has always worked, perfectly fine. In the meantime, I even did a complete reinstallation of my computer and had my modem replaced. Nothing yet. I can still access Origin everywhere except from the game itself through the Bench or main menu.

The issue itself is minor, on of the reasons I want to enter the store through the ingame option is to finally redeem all those ration seals I have.

Message 9 of 30 (2,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Anyone?

Message 10 of 30 (2,145 Views)