Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
FnG_Devin9086

Door will not open at Chapter 17

Hello all. I have recently came across a bug about 3 - 4 days ago which has been really annoying! I know that for one, I'm not the only person having this problem because I saw a YouTube comment about that too. It's the door which you have to enter the alien word, Open. It's the big circular door, Its opposite the elevator and it has a big alien beside it. Sorry if in going around the bush on this. But thanks in advance!
EA_Bastian
Topics: 112
XP: 1,424
Solutions: 4,249

Re: Door will not open at Chapter 17

Hi fngdevin9086!

Can you please provide us the information on what kind of system you are playing DSIII? (PC or console)

During Dead Space 3 gameplay, if you become "stuck" at a door that will not finish loading, simply pause your game and attempt to restart from the last checkpoint, or "Continue from Last Save."

If the problem persists and the door does not load after Continuing from your Last Save, attempt restarting the entire chapter using Chapter Select. The door should load correctly upon this restart.

Keep us updated!

Basti

Keeper
FnG_Devin9086

[ Edited ]
Hey eabastian! Thanks for the reply! Sorry about not being spacific, I'm playing on the Xbox 360 and I have already tried restarting the chapter, Restarting the game and loading from last checkpoint doesn't seem to work.:smileysad:
Keeper
lkmnvcssa

[ Edited ]
Same here. I m on PS3. Restart the check point and restart the game. The door where u rotate 3 symbols to match the pattern on the floor and play it back.

Edit:NVM, u have to press X on the controller. There was no sign of instruction to open the door so I couldn't figure it out, lol
Keeper
guideon1966

[ Edited ]

Add me to the list of the stuck alien door.  Chapter restart and last save restart to no avail.  im playing on a PC.  Well that was quite humiliating... hmm hit E maybe?