Door will not open at Chapter 17

by FnG_Devin9086

Original Post

Door will not open at Chapter 17

★★★ Newbie
Hello all. I have recently came across a bug about 3 - 4 days ago which has been really annoying! I know that for one, I'm not the only person having this problem because I saw a YouTube comment about that too. It's the door which you have to enter the alien word, Open. It's the big circular door, Its opposite the elevator and it has a big alien beside it. Sorry if in going around the bush on this. But thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 7 (5,514 Views)

Re: Door will not open at Chapter 17

Community Manager (retired)

Hi fngdevin9086!

Can you please provide us the information on what kind of system you are playing DSIII? (PC or console)

During Dead Space 3 gameplay, if you become "stuck" at a door that will not finish loading, simply pause your game and attempt to restart from the last checkpoint, or "Continue from Last Save."

If the problem persists and the door does not load after Continuing from your Last Save, attempt restarting the entire chapter using Chapter Select. The door should load correctly upon this restart.

Keep us updated!

Basti

Message 2 of 7 (5,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hey eabastian! Thanks for the reply! Sorry about not being spacific, I'm playing on the Xbox 360 and I have already tried restarting the chapter, Restarting the game and loading from last checkpoint doesn't seem to work.Frown
Message 3 of 7 (5,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Same here. I m on PS3. Restart the check point and restart the game. The door where u rotate 3 symbols to match the pattern on the floor and play it back.

Edit:NVM, u have to press X on the controller. There was no sign of instruction to open the door so I couldn't figure it out, lol
Message 4 of 7 (5,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Add me to the list of the stuck alien door.  Chapter restart and last save restart to no avail.  im playing on a PC.  Well that was quite humiliating... hmm hit E maybe?

Message 5 of 7 (5,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi, hope this tread still works, same problem with the doors in chapter 17 on windows 10 pro.

I have tried....reset from last checkpoint....reset from continue story (or at least this is how it comes in Italian)....reset from choose chapter.

Nothing works...also tried to run the game on the lower video settings...nada.

my pc runs on a i7 5820k...gtx 1070 gaming x...32gb of ram in quad channel...i do video composing and editing as well.

Done the "repair" operation from Origin...nada.

Done the windows compatibility procedure...nada.

The strange thing is this...I first did the optional "mission" (not sure that's the name in the Engkish version) and than went to the door, but after I've tried the various resets and done the "repair" with Origin...now when I start the game...if I go to the door of the optional mission, I don't see anymore the "animation" on the case, the one you do the electrical tweak, just a blank box.

could not find any patch so far, if there is any.

I just hope that I don't have to do the game all over again just for this issue.

thans

Angelo

Message 6 of 7 (3,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Man, you Just saved me 10 years later, I was having the same problem, the door wasn`t opening, I was thinking it was some kind of bug, I never had played Dead Space 3, I just start to play because I played Dead Space Remake and I loved it, so as soon as I finished the remake I started DS2 and now DS3 in 2023, but neigther of those previous games had a door like this one, and it has no hint to press any button on it!

Thank you!!!!

Message 7 of 7 (928 Views)