Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y50)

by henrycmh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y50)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please help me with this problem?? 

Processor: intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

Installed memory: 16GB

system type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

(windows 8.1)

I also bought my dead space in steam

Message 1 of 17 (6,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y

Community Manager

If your machine is relying on the video hardware of the CPU then you may have an issue. If your machine has a GTX-860M you should be able to play with that and may just need a little configuration.

If you do have a GTX-860M then try this:

Try the following to be sure your discrete GPU is being used rather than the on-board IGP.

1. Open the nvidia control panel
  2. Manage 3D settings, Program settings tab
  3. Click add to choose the program to customize
  4. Click browse and choose: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe
  5. Set your graphics preferences and click apply.

Then do the same but specify the DS2 executable.

If you are unsure of your hardware specs you could generate a Dxdiag report, upload that to hastebin and post the link to that here.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (7,922 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y

Community Manager

If your machine is relying on the video hardware of the CPU then you may have an issue. If your machine has a GTX-860M you should be able to play with that and may just need a little configuration.

If you do have a GTX-860M then try this:

Try the following to be sure your discrete GPU is being used rather than the on-board IGP.

1. Open the nvidia control panel
  2. Manage 3D settings, Program settings tab
  3. Click add to choose the program to customize
  4. Click browse and choose: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe
  5. Set your graphics preferences and click apply.

Then do the same but specify the DS2 executable.

If you are unsure of your hardware specs you could generate a Dxdiag report, upload that to hastebin and post the link to that here.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 2 of 17 (7,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not solve my problem

Message 3 of 17 (6,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Didn't solve my problem either.
Message 4 of 17 (6,448 Views)

Community Manager

My above post applies only to nvidia users. Can you guys post your Dxdiags so we can let you know if your systems do meet the system requirements for these games.

How to: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 5 of 17 (6,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can not play game either. It has to do with refresh of our laptop screens. It has 44hz refresh game requires 60hz. Any solution Barry?

Message 6 of 17 (6,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've never seen any real, genuine video graphic circuit board with such an odd cyclic rate.  I'm betting that only questionable quality IGPs are likely to end up running that way. 

Minimum system requirements:  
CPU: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent (any Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or better, AMD Athlon64 3000+ or better, any Athlon64 X2 or Core Duo processor)

RAM:
1 GB (XP), 2 GB (Vista or Win7) or more

GPU: 256 MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required. NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements) ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)

DX: DirectX 9.0c

Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7

Store: At least 10 GB of free space

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

ODD: 8x speed or faster CD/DVD drive
Message 7 of 17 (5,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is my dxdiag. And I have the same problem as the others... That graphic card does not meet the minimum requirements of the game...Please Help

Message 8 of 17 (5,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am sorry if I am posting again this but I dont know if it was posted before.
I have the same problem as the others with Dead Space. I have lenovo y50-70 and I have tried all the solutions that you have suggested.
i attach my dxdiag so you can have a look

Message 9 of 17 (5,258 Views)

Community Manager

@fuspgr

You also have an nvidia 860M that is likely not being used. Can you please try the steps in the post marked as a solution above and let us know if you can then play please?

barry.png
Message 10 of 17 (5,250 Views)