Dead Space 3 lag and extreme FPS drop

by jurc666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 3 lag and extreme FPS drop

★ Novice

I got the game from Humble Bundle, and today when I wanted to play the game it started lagging, even in the main menu. I changed video settings to low but it keeps lagging. When game was released my friend bought it and we played it on mine pc, back then game was working perfectly, since then I only changed Windows 8 to x64 and then back to x86, so currently I'm running Windows 8 x86. So if anyone knows what is the problem here please advise.

Graphic card, chipset and audio card are all updated.

Message 1 of 6 (5,725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 3 lag and extreme FPS drop

★ Novice

Yeah I know my CPU is not the best, but I just don't get it why did game worked before. Anyway I got it working, it seems it was a problem with origin, because I was trying to play Dead Space 3 while BF3 and Sims 3 were downloading, now that all games are installed on my PC, Dead Space works. Thanks guys Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (6,198 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Not enough information.  You haven't even included the machine's Vital Specs. 

Message 2 of 6 (5,722 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know why because game worked on same PC before. Anyway here you go:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual E2220 2.40GHz
RAM: 3GB ddr2 800mhz
System: 32-bit Windows 8
Graphic: AMD Radeon HD 6450 ddr3 1GB

Message 3 of 6 (5,718 Views)

Community Manager

Your CPU may be letting you down a little.

The System Requirements can be found here: https://help.ea.com/article/dead-space-3-feature-faq#5

Barry.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (5,711 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I know my CPU is not the best, but I just don't get it why did game worked before. Anyway I got it working, it seems it was a problem with origin, because I was trying to play Dead Space 3 while BF3 and Sims 3 were downloading, now that all games are installed on my PC, Dead Space works. Thanks guys Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (6,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have the same issue on a brand new £1000 gaming laptop, it is only when I have no internet connection though.

Message 6 of 6 (4,416 Views)