Dead Space 3 freezing and disc read error

by good2bsteve

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 3 freezing and disc read error

★ Novice

I just started Dead Space 3, my game would freeze within the menus so i installed the game.  It worked fine and i was able to play thru the prologue.  i reached a point in the first mission where i kept getting a disc read error, so i exchanged it and re-installed the new game and made a new save to start fresh with the new disc.  Now i cant even get past the menus.  i hit new game and it instantly freezes or if i try to start a private coop with my friend it instanly freezes.  I'm hearing that i might have to buy one of the newer xbox's which is completely ridiculous.  i have one of the first gen xbox's and never had any problems with any other game.  It's extremely frustrating because i loved the demo of this game, so i spent the $60 for the game and now i cant play it.  I really hope this gets fixed.  

Message 3 of 53 (7,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 3 freezing and disc read error

Community Manager (retired)

Hi good2bsteve!

That shouldn't be an issue with your "older" series of your console.

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions. (Even if you re-installed the game before, please try the workaround in this order).

To get sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Please keep us updated!
Basti

View in thread

Message 5 of 53 (7,288 Views)

All Replies

Dead Space 3 Keeps Freezing

★★★ Newbie

As the title suggests it keeps freezing slightly after the guy explodes on top of the car and you are in the area below. Really annoying I can't play at all. I made sure to check and there are no scratches at all and the xbox is not an issue. Please Help!!

Message 1 of 53 (6,939 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Keeps Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Message 2 of 53 (6,931 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Keeps Freezing

★ Novice

i installed my copy and started getting disc read errors a little after the part youre talking about.  Got a new copy and now i cant even get past the menus.  Youre not the only one, heres hoping for a fix!

Message 4 of 53 (6,868 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi good2bsteve!

That shouldn't be an issue with your "older" series of your console.

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions. (Even if you re-installed the game before, please try the workaround in this order).

To get sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Please keep us updated!
Basti

Message 5 of 53 (7,289 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, it's playing fine now, I was having the same problem with need for speed most wanted. I wonder of this solution would work for that as well
Message 6 of 53 (6,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey yea it says to delete the title update and i dont see it there at all 

Message 7 of 53 (6,727 Views)

★★★ Novice
I was also having this problem. This fix worked temporarily, but now it is freezing again. The game probably needs just a very good patch.
Message 8 of 53 (6,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Disc won't load at all for me. All I get is a disc unreadable.
Message 9 of 53 (6,699 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing here.

I got my copy of the game and installed it.  It worked fine for about 20 minutes but kept freezing whenever I had to "transition" somewhere (using elevators, etc)

It kept freezing at the exact same spot as soon as I pushed the elevator button.

I I uninstalled my game (xbox version), cleared my cache, reset my system, and tried again.  It worked for maybe another 20 minutes but locked up again at the very next elevator I had to use, and kept locking up every time I tried it.

I even brought the game back after this and swapped it out for another copy. After re installing with the new copy it worked OK for about 2 hours but kept freezing during the chapter 4 co-op mission during the escape segment.  As SOON as I opened one of the doors the whole thing would freeze.  Of course I tried the same procedure again: uninstal, clear cache, reboot, blah blah blah -no effect.

Message 10 of 53 (6,599 Views)