Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

★★★★★ Novice

Ive opened the ports already , game is up to date , Origin ingame is enabled. Yet i cant join to my friend's game cuz it still says "Nat type : Strict" at the bottom left. Please help im trying to fix this for straight 2 days and still no result.

Message 71 of 115 (13,151 Views)

Re: Origin in game (origin UI for when in a game) doesn't work making co-op not possible

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue my friend can play online but i cant. i have changed to beta, reinstalled origin and ds3. changed to all games for origin in game and still the same issue i have also tried windowed mode still no luck.

Message 72 of 115 (13,185 Views)

Re: Origin in game (origin UI for when in a game) doesn't work making co-op not possible

★ Novice

Same issue here trying to play with a friend. We played earlier then took a break and now this.

Message 73 of 115 (13,152 Views)

★★ Novice

For me works after i turn off Beta in Origin. restarted Origin and now works perfect.

Message 74 of 115 (13,085 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got the Origin work in game. I must say it was some kind of miracle :D Try these steps.

1. Change game resolution to your native. For me it´s 1920x1080. Turn on WINDOWED (Fullscreen) Mode. VSync ON..

2. Go to Origin and download BETA version.

3. When you have BETA version of Origin, turn on a game, change display mode to FULLSCREEN and voila. Game works with Origin in 1920x1080 +       Fullscreen mode + Vsync ON. Even after a couple of game restarts.

I hope that my COOP mode work too. Standard smile 

Message 75 of 115 (13,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had same problem (OIG would not work, no matter what. No access to DLC or MP). I originally had Origin in Beta mode. Rolled it back to normal, no dice. Tried windowed mode, no luck. Ran Origin & DS3 as Admin, and no luck. Already had vsync on, but tried turning off. I tried turning on OIG support for all games. Other games seemed to work (BF3, Crysis 2 & 3). I basically tried everything everyone mentioned in these forums, except on this topic I noticed the "open port" solution I hadn't tried. I figured it couldn't hurt. I looked at my settings, and my IP was 2.4, and port 3568 was open from Origin.

I noticed this forum poster, peterhero7, posted a youtube link, and said 3569 should be open. I didn't follow the youtube directions exactly, as I just opened port 3569 (UDP) for the IP my PC had right now which was 2.10 (not 2.4 like Origin had opened). I added this, and it worked. Still haven't went back to Beta version of Origin, but I reverted/played with all other settings, and works fine now. Also, I shut my PC down everytime I'm done using it, as it's only on 3-4 times a week. I imagine I will have to repeat this fix when I actually decide to play co-op, but now I know I can. I was actually trying to check for pre-order bonuses a friend from the UK said he got with this game, but I don't see them on mine, unfortunately.

I know you may know this isn't your issue, but I thought the same. Give it 2 mins & try it. You may be surprised. Thanks for starting this thread, as web searches were coming up empty for such an immediate issue (which I assumed was related to Humble Bundle people swarming the game).

Message 76 of 115 (12,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What worked for me is just going to options>visual settings and switch to windowed+vsync off and accept, then switch back to fullscreen+vsync on , hit accept. Have to do this every other time I launch the game. Switching to beta made no difference and you don't need to exit game or origin.

Message 77 of 115 (12,814 Views)

I can't play Dead Space 3 Co-op anymore

★★★ Newbie

A couple of days ago me and my friend were playing Dead Space 3, everything went smoothly, we were having fun.  All of a sudden a get a message saying "Dead Space 3 has stopped working".  So I restarted Dead Space 3, chose to continue my co-op story, but then when I go to to invite my friend to my game again i get this message in game saying "Origin is unavailable, Co-op game invites cannot be sent to friends while Origin in-game is disabled.  Please close the game, enable the origin in game feature from the origin software settings, and then start Dead Space 3 again."  I have no clue why it is saying this even though I checked in both the application settings for Origin and the Dead Space 3 game properties and in both places Origin in game is enabled.  Please help I really want to get back to this game and finish it with my buddy.

Message 78 of 115 (12,704 Views)

Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

★★ Novice

OK, recently me and my friend bought dead space 3 for PC, we were looking forward to playing co-op, but when we he tries at private game to join me, it always gives him this quote- Failed to join game, we tried to run origin as administrators, didnt help, we tried to switch off our firewalls, nothing.
please help us.

Message 79 of 115 (12,513 Views)

Dead Space 3 Failed to join game (Co-Op)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I just bought Dead Space 3 on the Humble Bundle, me and my friend wanted to play coop, but everytime we try to connect each others game it gives us this error : "Failed to join game". Funny thing is, if I try to connect to some else (quick play) it works... 

Please help us :/

Message 80 of 115 (12,320 Views)