Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

by KorppiX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So yeah, like the topic says. 

Me and my friend bought this game recently with the specific intent of playing it through coop-style. Thinking that Dead Space franchise has so far been a quality product overall, I was hoping all would go smoothly. 

No such luck. When trying to join each other's games (both of us tried to host), the game gives "Failed to join game". I've tried searching for help on this, but so far I've seen no confirmed-working solutions for this. Suggestions range from "disable your anti-virus" to "forward  ports xxx, yyy, zzz" etc. We tried lots of different combinations of these suggestions, but to no avail.

Both of us have the same issue. We're playing on PC, with a standard ADSL connection. I've played a number of different online games, and not faced this issue yet. This day and age, I'd expect these types of connection issues to be thing of the past. 

Quite frankly, I feel totally ripped off. Like I said, I invested my money on your product to play with my friend, but now that seems to be money wasted. If one of the key selling points of the game was the new co-op mode, I'd expect it to work!

Is there any official workaround/fix for this issue? Is there any confirmed solution? I'd be so happy to have an answer for this. 

Thanks for any reply. 

----

A week has passed and no replies... Frown Well, I guess I had my hopes too high.

Some additional details: I switched my broadband modem to bridged mode, hoping that would solve the issue, seeing as some of the semi-official answers here have pointed that forwarding ports might help. Unfortunately, this didn't help either. I'm starting to believe that this problem is unsolvable. I can't overstate how dissappointed I am. I was really, really hoping to play this game coop with my friend. 

Thanks a lot... Frown

Message 50 of 115 (35,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 3 co-op - Failed to join game

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Some good news, at least from my end. I managed to track down the problem: my game was not up-to-date! 

So what I did was go to Origin, select "Check for updates" (or what ever it is in the english version of Origin). There was an update available, so downloaded that, started the game, and the coop-game is working! 

Funny is that I thought that Origin will inform about any available updates for the games, so I had totally skipped that option until now. 

I really hope this helps someone else with this problem Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 52 of 115 (35,640 Views)

All Replies

Coop failed to join

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

My friend and me have bought the game and on the 7th of february we tried to play coop. I couldn't join his game for a while, but then we run Origin.exe and Dead Space 3 as administrators, he started a public game and I could join. We were playing for a while then we decided that we will continue playing the next day. Now we have a problem again. Connecting for a while then "Failed to join game". We tried several solutions, but none of them worked. I hope maybe someone has a simple solution and soon there will be some fixes to this, because as I have seen it, not we are the only ones who have troubles with the coop.

Message 1 of 115 (36,734 Views)

PS3 Dead Space 3 "Failed to join game" errors!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ive been trying to join a friend for the past few days since the game was released. i cant join him and he cant join me. 

i cant even join random people online sometimes. it will keep giving me the "Failed to join game" error. i dont even see all of my friends who play this game on the friends list browser in game! 

i checked my settings and its set on NAT type 2 and my connection speed for upload and download is fine. my wireless connection is strong enough to run black ops 2 and dcuo without errors. 

what in the bloody hell is going on?! 

Message 2 of 115 (39,821 Views)

Re: PS3 Dead Space 3 "Failed to join game" errors!!

★★★ Newbie

Me and my Buddy are having the same problem cant find any answers online...somebody please help

Message 3 of 115 (39,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have PC I'm having the same problem!!!!!! Please EA RESPOND

Message 4 of 115 (39,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly I have seen several of these posts and all the info about port fowarding certain ports disabling firewalls etc don't work.  The only thing I have found to work is to completely remove your router and connect your pc to your modem directly.  Its not a good solution, but as far as I can tell its the only one that works.  In most cases people can't do this because they share the internet with people in their homes.  I really hope EA can come up with a solution quickly.  No other game I have played requires you to do so much just to play the game online from your pc.

Message 5 of 115 (39,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

>The only thing I have found to work is to completely remove your router and connect your pc to your modem directly

thats possibly a solution for PC gamers. i specifically wrote in the name of this thread "PS3 Dead Space 3" which i dont know why any connection issue would be present for a console game. the only time i would see any issue like that would be a problem with the server, so i am blaming EA on this problem here. 

Message 6 of 115 (39,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can still connect to other people and people are still able to connect to mine however my friend and i can't connect to one other which i find really wierd...

Message 7 of 115 (39,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

connecting cable directly to pc is not working  for me and my friend. we see eachother, but can't connect. i can play with any random people but friend. dunno whats problem is, we both have stable IP adresses..

Message 8 of 115 (39,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly having the exact same issue

Message 9 of 115 (39,525 Views)