Dead Space 3 Save Problem

by tallgeese99

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem (crashing?!)

★★ Novice

i've just recently encountered this problem, and its frankly quite annoying. The game always crashes whenever it is trying to save progress. For instance after i have crafted a weapon in the crafting arena,and try to save and quit,it just crashes me out of the game,with the reason that it has encountered a problem. Windows has no solution so i have no idea what to do. i've tried on both single player and coop but both still crash whenever i make progress. Please help! thank you.

Message 71 of 122 (4,351 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★★★ Newbie

Having this issue for the XBOX 360 version.... need a solution ASAP!!!

Message 72 of 122 (4,298 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Playing on ps3. I have found that disabling the internet connection- not just signing out of psn- will allow me to play the game with no freezes. or loss of save files. The only problem is that you cannot do any co-op missions. or complete the game!!!. I have back up copies of my save files so when i have tried going back online to try a co=op mission- like marker containment- and the game freezes on the elevator ride back out- I can reload my save. What a waste of time this game has turned out to be.  I did manage to talk to an "upper level" game tech at EA. He was the one that suggested i load the game on another of my ps3's (have 8) disconnect the internet and play a completely unupdated version of the game. Worked fine for standard game and new game plus all the way through the final battle. I then reconnected to the web, let the game update itself, redownloaded all my add ons, and continued playing levels i had missed an item. (always copying my save file) all is fine unless i try a co=op mission. freezes on the way out of the missions. BTW- i have also found that if you are playing on a new game plus and you try going online with someone one a standard game (he is host) that your save file will magically be changed back to standard - if you manage to get a chance to exit and save- Yes- I have managed a co-op mission or 2 successfully. You also have the problem of the host changing the setting from normal to impossible after you join. this will also screw your save file. I believe they do this because they are looking for someone to join a casual or normal room and then change the setting so they can get completion credit.

Message 73 of 122 (4,296 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is annoying. Every time I save,  I don't start where I ended. It transfers me to a totally different location when I load again on my XBOX. Plus, It sends me two hours back in the past. This system is really bad. There is no control over when to save and the save windows are two long. In 1 and 2, there was a good point where u ended and started right away. Here, there is a disconnection between this. Is there nay way to fix this with an update, cause I don't have the time to replay sections over and over.

Message 74 of 122 (3,775 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The checkpoint system does not suck, you just have to ensure you are at the latest point in the game before you save and exit. Options either load last save point or load most recent point in game.

Message 75 of 122 (3,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@rooinek3, You're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Everyone else clearly see's that this system doesn't work and it ruins the experience as an entirety, but you insist on supporting this filth. I would like to stone you. Thats right rage you out into the town square and stone you to a pulp. Perhaps my man servant could have a few throws at you also. I feel as if he's earned it. STOP SUPPORTING THESE LAZY ASS DEVS!!!

Message 76 of 122 (3,233 Views)

★★★ Novice

@rooinek3 wrote:

The checkpoint system does not suck, you just have to ensure you are at the latest point in the game before you save and exit. Options either load last save point or load most recent point in game.

You're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Everyone else clearly see's that this system doesn't work and it ruins the experience as an entirety, but you insist on supporting this filth. I would like to stone you. Thats right rage you out into the town square and stone you to a pulp. Perhaps my man servant could have a few throws at you also. I feel as if he's earned it. STOP SUPPORTING THESE LAZY ASS DEVS!!!

Message 77 of 122 (3,224 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Checkpoint system is awful. admit it. starting from "last uninterrupted point is likely to start you from numerous levels back. It will also do that if you join a friends co=op game and then try to restart your own game. doesn't seem to matter where you finish or save the co-op.  just play single player and make sure you see a progress saving point before you do your own save and quit. You must do your own save and quit. those autosave points seem to be nothing more than a checkpoint restart point.

Message 78 of 122 (3,214 Views)

★ Novice

I found that skipping through the Conning Tower mission (after the bootlegged tyrant attacks in the tram) and straight to the Aft Section of the ship allowed me to work around the Tram limbo. Keep in mind, it wont get you any of your weapons back or previous progress, but it may at least allow you to get through the story. 

Message 79 of 122 (3,154 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem.

I get lock ups too. No audio, and no keyboard control.

The of course the times I've played for hours, only having to go back and do the same levels again the next day.

This is terrible, as DS 1&2 both already had great save functions. Why change something if it isn't broke?

The crashes do not happen when in OFFLINE mode either.

Do not save to the cloud, because the cloud apparently has coruption issues.

Message 80 of 122 (3,095 Views)