Dead Space 3 Save Problem

by tallgeese99

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem>>>>>> I think I found a solution!

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same exact issue. Before I found this thread the only responses I found on the web were people explaining that the "save and quit" option was for the inventory only, and that the game had automatic checkpoints that would save your mission progress. Uggggh. We know!  Again, my issue seems to be the same as you folks'. When I first noticed a saving problem I made sure to wait until the auto-save messages appears on my screen before quitting so I didn't lose any progress. (I have the PC version as well).

I first noticed the issue with the Conning tower optional mission. I understand that there may or may not be a seperate, additional issue that doesn't save the optional mission progress correctly too. True or not, I completely gave up on optional missions because of these issues. Even sticking the mandatory missions, I'll notice that when I return to the game I'm usually at least 30 minutes behind where my actual progress left off. And yes, that's after waiting until the game notifies me that mission progress is being saved automatically each time. This is so frustrating. It seems like the only way I can make it through this game is if I play it in 4 hour increments. I don't know if I even have the patience to finish it at this point.
@vpciro wrote:

This worked for me. You might want to try it. 

• Open Origin and go to "My Games".
  • Right Click on Dead Space 3.
  • Select "Show Game Details".
  • Select the "Cloud Storage" Tab.
  • UN-CHECK the box that says "Enable Cloud Storage for All Games"

I play as a single player and this worked for me. I guess my saved games are now on my hard drive and that's fine with me. At least I can pick up where I left off after a save. I am not sure if and how this might affect Multiple player games.

Before I did this, I was ready to return the game. I had to play parts over and over again. I think there is a serious problem with the "cloud" storage. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hope this helps. Confusedmileyhappy:

Vinny

Long Island, New York

I'm definitely going to try this! I'll post back if it helps.

@doubleorigin wrote:

It drove me crazy but I have solved it now. You need to start the game normally, load your saved game, when its loaded  

completely (Ready for play) ALT+TAB , goto your Documents/EA Games/Dead Space 3 folder and rename the DeadSpace 

3 saved game like "ds3_v1_slot_01.sav1" - The game wll create a new save when the save point reaches with the right save

point.

Do this for every checkpoint reached. 

Hope it helps.

I'm going to try this as well. I wish I remembered what game I was playing recently that also had a cloud-based save mechanism. I ran into a problem a couple of times where apparently it didn't save back to the cloud properly. You know what happened the next time I played though? The game AUTOMATICALLY PROMPTED me and let me know exactly what the issue was. Each time it happened I was able to choose the option to use the saved game that was on my local hard drive, rather than the cloud. Worked perfectly. I wish this game had the foresight to implement something like this.
Message 61 of 122 (11,151 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★ Novice

SAME HEREEEEEE!!!! after 20 hours still back to Tram station again and again!!!! i lost all of items and start again with nothing....**bleep** u EA for not fixing!

Message 62 of 122 (11,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think unchecking "Enable Cloud Storage for All Games" did the trick. I haven't had any issues in the last few days.

Message 63 of 122 (10,975 Views)

★★★ Novice

turn off cloud worked 4 me.

Message 64 of 122 (10,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lost so much time trying to play this game only to lose everything time and time again. I try to leave it running, but windows did an update and restarted and I lost everything. I tried again and the game locked and restarted and I'm back in the same place again. Def going to do research before I buy any game again on how it saves and if it's this stupid autosave thing I will never buy that game EVER. I buy a game to have fun not be repetitiive and deat with tech issues.

Message 65 of 122 (10,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, is the fix to the PS3 issue to turn off the AutoSave Update to the PSN???

Gonna try to see if this helps.

Message 66 of 122 (10,923 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Finally talked to a real person at EA that seemed to understand the problem. I am playing this on another (4th) ps3 console that never had DS3 installed. No download content, no nothing. Disconnected from the internet. Original disc -NOT UPDATED VERSION. have played standard game - save slot 1- with virtually no problems- BTW- you will get 3 bots anyway- don't buy them- . I am now on level twelve on new game plus- save slot three. 100% on most levels except i cannot do any co op playing like this. The co op levels are usually where my game freezes or the save file gets corrupted. I will let you know if i can make it out of the armory mission without a freeze. I have -so far- been able to walk right through the autosave points that destroyed my save files before. So if I make it all the way through a complete new game plus- then what???? Are we all supposed to delete our game data files, do not download or buy any addons??  never play co-op???

Message 67 of 122 (10,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah well I completed the "Greely" ship mission or whatever it is called,saved,went to sleep.The next day i load up my save game I am standing at the tram station before the "Greely" ship.Thinking about deleting this game,because I don't really wanna waste my time like that.

Message 68 of 122 (10,613 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is an autosave point after finishing the Greely mission. If you did a save and quit at that point that is why when you restarted you were right there. If you did a save and quit before the autosave point then you will be back at the beginning of the mission like you never did it. On ALL the optional or co-op missions do not save and quit until you are off the ship- back to the "skip" or on the ground- wait until you EXIT the underground area and are on the surface. You should see a "progress saving" icon. If you save and quit while underground or on the elevator ride out (if you don't freeze) then its lioke you never did the mission.

Message 69 of 122 (10,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed ?? How ??

Message 70 of 122 (10,573 Views)