Dead Space 3 Save Problem

by tallgeese99

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Save Problem

★★★ Novice

i have the same problems on my ps3 the problems are coming from co-op and auto-save it was h*** plating it but im done on ds3 whot play it now i only play whin i have frends invting me but i thak thay ruhs the game and did not test it as it need thay need to test games for a full mouth before reles

Message 101 of 122 (1,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I was glad to find this thread coz I thought I was going mad suffering it alone. Often the 'progress saving' checkpoints are too far apart. You can get stuck battling creatures between checkpoints and you don't want to quit coz you have to do it all again. You get stuck playing for a couple of hours quite regularly.

I can offer one piece of advice for folk in, I think chapter five. I got on the tram, went to the mid section, finshed it and quit. I thought I would start again from the point I finished in the mid section. However like so many folk here have said you end up back at the tram station. However I noticed that save had kept the all the spare parts from the Edwards bloke, in my inventory. Therefor it had saved progress. Then when you start again you have to fight to get on the tram, but you don't have to stop at the mid section. You can move onto the aft, by moving to mid, then re-press the control to move to aft.

Later in the game though I have found it barbarically difficult. In chapter 14 you have to collect some parts for something called Rosetta. I took the first door out of two that you have to search. The main mission I completed, but there were two optional missions there. I took them both. The second was insanely difficult. Each room meant re-trying about, or at least thirty times to get through. There were lots of rooms. I swear I not exagerrate. My gun I crafted suddenly became useless as did the plasma cutter coz the enemies were diabolically hard in the second optional. They were in big numbers too. I played for five hours in that area before I returned mission complete and received another 'progress saving' checkpoint. (Basically a checkpoint at the start of the main mission and another when you return to the start area with main mission complete. In between those checkpoints I did the two optional missions also). How is that fair? Five hours between checkpoints!

Message 102 of 122 (1,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've progressed quite a lot after that difficult pre-tram fight with regerenating monsters, saved and quit. Now I open my save and guess what -- pre-tram fight once again. And this is some fifth or sixth case in my playthrough. Disappointing... I would definetly not buy this game again.

Message 103 of 122 (1,623 Views)

★★ Novice

My god this thread has been going for almost a year...

see, ya need to GET to the root of the problem...

The ppl that RUN EA...  not the ea workers that throw out comments, there just 'drones'

See they don't care about you, me, anyone "wacha gunna do?"  <that is there response, because for the time being they can get away with it..

For the time being..

Message 104 of 122 (1,572 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

DS3 is a fun game. forget the disc or pc version. I can tell you that the download version for ps3 consoles is fine. ( i have had numerous Basketball disc versions loaded on 4 different ps3 consoles. everyone had save file issues. The download version works fine.

Message 105 of 122 (1,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well.. meybe for accident i found de cause, apparently exist a limit of weapons when you try to craft in the bench, i try with one save and the crush happens all the tipe, in that save i have a lot of weapons mk-V in the bault, but in my first save... nothing, all clean and with no problems when i craft a weapon and use "save and quit".

Message 106 of 122 (1,540 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

that has nothing to do with it. that problem has been debunked before by people that built dozens of weapons. try proceeding at least 2 automatic "progress saving points" then do save and quit. you should then be able to select "continue from last save'.  saving inside the "weapon crafting room" also seems to screw up your restart point.

Message 107 of 122 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deadspace 3 is the first game thats caused me so much negativity and frustration due to having to re do so much after the tram. I'm sure the Visceral games team worked hard on creating an atmospheric experience, but whoever was responsibe for the saving on this game has ruined the 4 hours plus the 2 hours of repetition I invested. 

Message 108 of 122 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the XBox, it looks like one of the answers worked for me.

The XBox seems to be trying to save the game to the cloud. So you have to sign in to your account (local for me) and then select

settings>system>storage>Cloud Saved Games>Disable. And then play the game until you get to the second save area where the alien is playing dead. Kick his a** and then go to the wall mounted save area. When it prompts you to save it should give you an option to save to XBox memory. If you get a standby message saying saving to memory you should be golden. I bet PSN is the same.

..now fer some more stomping and squishing...before I get back to Google **bleep**.

Message 109 of 122 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I've lost whole damn chapters of game progress.

I sincerely wish the guys, who designed and implemented the DS3 save system, to die from testicular cancer.

Now, for those to come here in search for answer.

Turn OFF your console cloud saving option. For XBox 360, this is somewhere in system settings -> cloud storage... you'll find it.

This even helps after you seem to loose your saved game. You don't. It's actually stored on your local storage, but there's usually another checkpoint somewhere on EA or Origin (hell knows) crappy server, which sometimes seems to fail to save your data. To get to it, turn of the cloud storage and try to reload the last story checkpoint. This worked for me. I really hope that this will help other poor gamers, like me.

And, to EA and Origin and who the f--k did this to one of my favorite game series: I'll never buy anything else from you. F--k you.

Message 110 of 122 (1,230 Views)