Re: Dead Space 3 Save File

by ThatDrunkGuy

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Save File

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I had the game on disc for a while.....got rid of it. Now I have the PSN version from PS Plus, and they put the save file in a different location. So my original save is in a Dead Space 3 folder, and the new one is in a Dead Space 3 HDD folder. 

Why would they do this, and is there any way to continue my progress with the HDD version of the game?

Message 1 of 11 (2,121 Views)

Community Manager

You should be able to just replace the save in the new location with your original save that has all of your progress on it.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,109 Views)

★★ Novice

Would love to.....how do I do this? There is no option on the PS3 to move saves to different folders as far as I know. Is there an option in the game, or a workaround with a usb stick? 

Message 3 of 11 (2,107 Views)

disk based to digital save files dead space 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i just downloaded dead space 3 with ps plus and was looking forward to continuing from my previous save game when i had the game on disk earlier in the year but the save file does not appear on the digital version. is there a way to use my disk save on the digital game?

Message 4 of 11 (2,103 Views)

Community Manager

Upon further investigation it appears that the two versions of the game have different product identifier (SKU) codes which may be causing this save game incompatibility. The fact that the save games are stored in dfferent locations backs this up.

barry.png
Message 5 of 11 (2,095 Views)

★★ Novice

So is there a solution?  If not, will there ever be a solution in the future?

Message 6 of 11 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

have the same problem, i had dead space 3 but after completing it and the new game+ i gave it away to my sister, but now i downloaded it on ps+ to play with my sister co op but it doesn't recognize my original save file.

Message 7 of 11 (2,081 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this something that will be fixed?

Message 8 of 11 (2,061 Views)

Community Manager

Possibly, if there is any update on this I will let you know.

barry.png
Message 9 of 11 (2,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, any idea if this will require a game patch......or just some kind of hotfix?  Just wondering how likely it is for this to be fixed and what kind of timeframe.

Message 10 of 11 (1,979 Views)