Re: Dead Space 3 Language change

by gehav

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hello there, i live in Russian and i've got language restricted copy of the game. My question is is it possiblt at all for me to change text langiage for English? The translation is so dreadfull i cant play.

Here's what i've done so far:

set my time-date and dwelling to USA

downloaded GDFBinary_en_US.dll's and dropped them into the DS3 dolder

changed both the path to dll and locale entries accordibgly in the registry

And all this was for nothing Frown

Do i need to download any additional files? I've already tried to extract them from english copies of the game with no effect whatsoever.

Please help me if anyone can. thank you in advance.

Message 21 of 23 (2,265 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@half1488 wrote:

Hey, I found yet another solution, much more simple than current and possibly working for other Origin games.

DS3 checks for environment variable EAGameLocale, which I annoyingly always had set as ru_RU by parent process (Origin itself). So all you have to do is  create new system environment variable called EAGameLocale with desired value: en_US goes for english and so on. Have fun Wink

Thank you very much! This solution worked for me too!

Message 22 of 23 (1,535 Views)

★ Apprentice

ı triyed everything nothing work but when ı download ultima games when orogin access ı found that same GDFBinary_en_US file on ultime 5 or 6 and copy the dead space 3 it works now english insted of russian. ı also changed regedit EAGameLocale to en_US but am pretty sure ultma file worked.  if you have orgin access downloadn ultima 5 or 6 they are 50mb anyway.

Message 23 of 23 (1,034 Views)