Dead Space 3 Graphics Problem

by Wildcat3194

Original Post

Dead Space 3 Graphics Problem

★★★ Newbie

I bought Dead Space 3 about a week ago and been trying really hard to make it run but i just cant launch the game, it says "your graphics card does not meet dead space 3's minimum requirement"

I dont understand why this is happening ive talked to chat support, but i feel like he just wanted me to restart my computer just so i would go away and i waited more than a hour to chat with someone please help me.

Message 1 of 4 (424 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Graphics Problem

★★★★★ Expert

You GPU must meet the official minimum:

Dead Space 3

FOR WINDOWS XP (SP3), Vista (SP1) or WINDOWS 7
* 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent (I'd guess it means a P4)
* 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista or Windows 7)
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
* ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
* 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required * The latest version of DirectX 9.0c

(No Intel IGP is  supported)
* At least 10GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games.
* INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.EA.COM.

Message 2 of 4 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i was in chat the guy made me clear my cache and reset my ipconfig settings in the command prompt and it still didn't work. Here are my rig specs

• GeForce GTX 860M
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
  • 8.00 GB RAM
  • 1920 x 1080, 48Hz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1
Message 3 of 4 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Wish I could suggest anything / something.  This thread had been in the Origin Store forum, else I'd never have seen it at all. 

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)