Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Re: "UNREASONABLE" Door Stuttering / Audio Glitch on PC Version "MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE"

★★★★ Novice

Bump^ to this. I have been a fan of the franchise from the start but in a game that, because of a glitch that is no doubt SIMPLE to fix, doesnt deliver on something it ADVERTISED (silence), I'm starting to have serious second thoughts about dumping EA games altogether. Honestly, when we buy a game, we don't expect it to be flawless (no game is) but we DO expect play testing and we DO expect support - it is NOT too much to ask!

Message 81 of 303 (2,537 Views)

Re: "UNREASONABLE" Door Stuttering / Audio Glitch on PC Version "MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE"

★★★★★ Novice
Count me in, same problems, same dissapointing feeling this hasn't been fixed or even acknowledged to be an issue as of yet despite a fairly sizeable patch.
Message 82 of 303 (2,527 Views)

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

★ Apprentice

I just want to make sure everyone knows that the new thread has been made and it would be great if everyone could go over there and post at least one comment. Thanks.

Message 83 of 303 (2,286 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. FIX THIS PROBLEM ALREADY!!! I paid you guys money for a working game! I bought your stupid game on day one at $60 and this is what I get? I haven't been able to play yet and have since seen Dead Space 3 drop in price to $40 at amazon.com. I COULD HAVE SAVED MONEY!

If this bug isn't acknowledged I will NEVER buy another EA game at day one again. I've already canceled my preorders for the next two EA games I planned on buying: (Army of Two & SimCity). I can't believe this problem still persists even after the first patch. You have got to be kidding me.

Message 84 of 303 (2,515 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have contacted Amazon and got my refund. I will repurchase the game (at a discounted price) once this problem has been fixed.

I have also recommended that Amazon pull the PC version of the game from sale until EA releases a proper patch. Amazon has agreed to look into the problem. 

I STRONGLY recommend everyone else who bought from Amazon call in to do the same thing. Be sure to reomend Amazon pull the game from sale. Hitting these big companies in the wallet is the only way they will be accountable to their customers.

Message 85 of 303 (2,504 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I honestly think they just have this forum stowed away somewhere out of sight. Nobody is reading it. At least nobody useful. They don't care about PC players, they've made that much clear.

Message 86 of 303 (2,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I certainly hope not, they just opened the damned thing |:<

Message 87 of 303 (2,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This glitch has forced me to stop playing about 2 hours into DS3. While I am disappointed in Visceral and EA; I'm not all that upset about this. The inability to play Dead Space 3 has forced my to finally start playing the copy of Valkyria Chronicles that has been sitting on my shelf for years, and I've been enjoying it for more than the sections of DS3 prior to the game ruining glitch. 

Message 88 of 303 (2,478 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wanted a scary game...that's the only reason I paid $60 plus tax, the first two did that, but I can't be scared when I'm this annoyed.

So I got Amazon to refund my $60 plus tax too. The only way I'm going to buy again to continue play is if the game is anything like the first two...creepy/scary.

I also will be enjoying non-EA material with my $63, quite a few titles I can get packaged on Steam for that price.

Bottom line: your game is not fun until you fix the door bug.

Message 89 of 303 (2,466 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mephiem, I'm glad you are making the best of a bad situation. Valkyrie Chronicles is a FANTASTIC game that more people should enjoy. I myself started playing Hitman: Absolution and Zelda Skyward Sword in DS3's place. However, I still urge you (and everyone else for that matter) to get a refund if you can. We need to stop letting these big companies take our money while not delivering what's promised.

Just so EA knows, I don't acutally mind that there is a bug in the game. I get it that games are complicated. What REALLY bothers me is that the first patch came out and it wasn't fixed. We haven't even got acknowledged yet! This is poor customer service at it's worst.

Message 90 of 303 (2,462 Views)