Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

★ Novice

I have the same issue as well; it's making it really hard to play.

I'm running a

HP P7-1173

AMD A8-3800 APU 2.4 GHz

Radeon HD 6550D

8 GB RAM

with Windows 7 64-bit

Even an update would be nice. It's really, really annoying.

Message 51 of 303 (3,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the exact same problem. I really do hope they fix this soon, the sound is unbearable.

I've also got an issue with some lifts and normal doors, which emit a constant 'woop' noise that just repeats at infinitum. It's not as bad as the telekinesis doors, but it can get ery annoying after 5 minutes of it. Do you know if this is an issue as well, or is it just extremely bad sound effect design?

It's such a shame that the game launched with so many bugs, especially sound bugs, when this game's forte is supposed to be the atmosphere is creates.

PD funny thing I noticed, not wanting t go offtopic or anything, but I just thought I'd pu it here, is that some objects disappear once you open certain doors. For example, I found a helmet on the Greely and I though that it would be neat to bring it back to the inter-ship ship you have to move around, sort of like the gnome from half life. Well, I found out that as soon as you opened the second telekinesis door away from the room the helmet was originaly found, it disappeared, only to reappear again once you shut it. So no carrying friends with you on the journey I'm afraid Frown

Message 52 of 303 (3,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looks like there is a thread called "[STICKY] Report your bugs here!" where eabastian says he will pass the bugs along to the studio.

I'm going to post there also, recommend others do too...not too sure how all this works, but I'd rather be shouting and waving my hands where the spotlight is shining.

Message 53 of 303 (3,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

The bug has already been reported there. But hey, go ahead and post it again. Maybe it will light a fire under Vicerals butt.

Message 54 of 303 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no fix yet..?, first this crappy bug and now they dont allow us (users of dx 10 grapich card) to finish the crysis trilogy... this is a joke.. they are messin with the gamers...

Message 55 of 303 (3,329 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As far as I've heard the Crysis team his time attempted to push their very own engine as much as possible, to create amazing graphics one won't forget so easily. But it is only possible with DX11, hence why DX10 does not seem to be supported. It is more a game for those who really have the hardware to run it rather then gamers who just want another FPS.

While it is a little unfair, understanding the matter is still possible. It's like developing a expensive high-tech camera for newcomers. Sure, they will make some fancy photos, but won't use all the potential. As a creator that makes you sad.

But certainly, there should have at least been the option to play with DX10.

Message 56 of 303 (3,326 Views)

★ Apprentice

What really upsets me is that I bought the game at launch for $60. I haven't gotten to play it yet because of bugs. Since then I saw the game at Amazon for $40. I could have just not bought the game, waited anyway, and saved $20 or more dollars.

Message 57 of 303 (3,211 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
What upsets me lol is that I've had the game since the 7th and am still only 3 hrs into it, just at the front doors to the first side mission, this audio glitch is just too much at that point and I just cannot play it as i feel it ruins it too much, and i really really wanna continue playing Frown
Message 58 of 303 (3,175 Views)

★ Novice

No fix yet?

I've the same annoying door sound bug, as shown in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIYcjbVJFI

Message 59 of 303 (3,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I was at that very location in the video when I stopped playing it the first time due to the sound, then I decided to continue for a little while cuz I thought maybe it would fix itself somehow, as I progressed...maybe 25-30 minutes further, the sound glitch was completely gone from those initial areas and that made me quite happy, but to my dissapointment they reappeared again at the first side mission.
Message 60 of 303 (3,159 Views)