Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

★ Apprentice

After looking at the variety of computer stats, I'm willing to bet it isn't somethign to do with our hardware. At this point, it's either something wrong with the game (most likely problem) and will need to be solved by Viceral, or it's somethign that we all have installed. Like some kind of driver package, or a certain Windows update.

I wish we could figure out if EVERYBODY is haveing this problem or just some of us because if everyone has this bug, things have just got a lot more simple. We just have to wait for Viceral to put a patch out.

Message 41 of 303 (4,682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I just wish that this issue would be at the very least acknowledged by someone at EA/Visceral and give some kind of assurance/confirmation that this is being worked on, and or looked at, cause yea it's quite bad, and as much as I wanna continue playing(only a couple hours in right now) I'd imagine theres alot of doors like this in the game so this annoying and immersion breaking sound glitch would be a rather frequent occurence.
Message 42 of 303 (4,681 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Played on my friends DS3 on my PC and had the same problem. Not going to buy this until it is fixed. Maybe then they will fix this problem seeing as they will loose profit? Wish it was easy as deleting the file that makes the door noise so at least we could game without the noise.

Message 43 of 303 (4,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Zorbatronics are PC computer,  I unlike POC get problem Glitch alway games lots times, I anymore PC games no good fed up problem system wrong, I have Xbox 360 and PS3 console no problem, But Dead space 1,2,3 made PC to Xbox and PS3 have gitch no good for PC.

I need split PC out anymore future.

I play Dead Space 3 will be soon completed mission 1 to 19 chapters. I talk very brillant game wow, I know Bug/ Glitch no worry by PC computer program problen by persons work job wake up. PC was problem fix update bored wait time no good.

they talk about glitch/ bug stop forum why ... i ignore game time bug / Glitch still life crap game by PC

Message 44 of 303 (4,665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The game is not scary at all with that horrible door noise. I really liked DS and DS2, but I refuse to play until this is fixed.

If EA/Visceral isn't going to respond then I'm going to have to assume it won't be fixed any time soon or at all, in which case I think I'd rather just return the game. I'll buy it again on discount if they ever fix it.

I paid $60 plus tax to be scared like DS and DS2; I'm not happy.

Message 45 of 303 (4,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the kinesis door sound bug at the exact same place as zorbatronics, where Ellie is supposidly trapped. All kinesis doors I ran into makes that looping noise. I stopped playing right there, before ruining the experience.Hopefully, this will be fixed soon, as it looks we are a lot (if not all) to have that exact same immersion breaker of a noise on PC. Keep us updated EA!

SPEC: Win7 home premium x64, I7 2600k, nVIDIA GTX570, ASUS P8P67 EVO, 8GB DDR3

Message 46 of 303 (4,633 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Specs:

HP Elitebook 8760w with ATI FirePro M5950

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/14000_na/14000_na.PDF

I have changed out the RAM for 32GB (4x8GB), and the 3 internal bays all have Mushkin SSDs rather than magnetic drives. Other than that it's stock and sitting on a dock.

Message 47 of 303 (4,580 Views)

★ Novice

And no more answers from EAguys.. Like they had forgotten about it.

Message 48 of 303 (4,573 Views)

★ Novice

Got the same problem. Quit playing until it get's patched. Upgrading graphic card drivers didn't help. Got GTX570.

BTW what's even the point of these new doors? They serve the same function as normal ones, but instead of opening them with single click, you gotta thwirl the thingy with kinesis for a while.

Message 49 of 303 (4,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Another DS3 user here with the exact same sound glitch. Every single kinesis door won't cease to stutter - and whenever you get away from one, the next immidieatly continues the stuttering. No solution has been found yet. And considering how so many are suffering from it, the evil no doubt sits within the game itself.

While I have not yet given up hope, it really saddens me to hear such annoying sound stuttering within areas that were advertised as "the most quiet and dead-silent ones ever created within the franchise". It makes me regret to have purchased it so soon. I remember the devs talking about desiring equal experiences, no matter which plattform you are on. Surely the PC can be a tough nut to crack - but this is not one random glitch. So many are experiencing it... Almost as if this stuff wasn't playtested at all.

Sigh. Hope dies last. Unfortunately not always slow.

Message 50 of 303 (4,353 Views)