Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

★★★ Newbie

SAME PROBLEM!!!

running i7 3700, gtx 670, Realtek HD audio. Drivers are fresh.

Message 21 of 303 (4,244 Views)

★★ Novice

Tested Beta nvidia drivers and the glitched sound is still present.  I continued on with the game for a few hours past where the OP stated he began to hear the sound and the glitched sound continues on every smaller door that requires kenisis to open.

Message 22 of 303 (4,218 Views)

★★ Novice

Getting the exact same issue. It's worse when running at 60fps (forced vsync through nvidia control panel) so yeah, it's reasonable to assume that the sound is being restarted with each frame.

No driver updates of any kind seemed to help, so... meh. It's not a show stopper, but it's damned annoying.

Message 23 of 303 (4,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

It may not be a show-stopping glitch, but in a game that lives and dies on it's atmosphere it's unbearable. I'm going to put this game down until a solution is found. Does anyone know if this is happening to all PC players or just a coupld of us? If someone out there isn't having the problem, I'd like to hear from them. 

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried seeing if you can update the files that control the physics system like you can do with games that run PhysX? Maybe we all have an outdated version of whatever Dead Space 3 is using. Havok? I don't know.

Message 24 of 303 (4,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem with doors sound we need update

Message 25 of 303 (4,074 Views)

★★ Novice

I would bet that a lot of people think this repeating sound is just part of the game.  I didn't think it was a bug until I saw someone playing the xbox version.

Message 26 of 303 (4,066 Views)

★★ Novice

I worked in QA before and I immediately noticed that it's not intended. But yeah, the next logical step would be to check if there are indeed people who don't have the issue. If it affects every PC player out there QA didn't do a very good job. Usually though issues like this are found, but punted to a patch because the retail patch/version had already been locked out. Not sure if Dead Space 3 received a day1 patch.

Message 27 of 303 (4,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FOR ALL OUT THERE, WHO POSTPONED GAMEPLAY UNTIL A SOLUTION:

i found out, that the door-sound stops when you return power to the generator (in the game). I'm at Chapter 4 atm, and all the kenisis doors i meet - don't have that awfull sound anymore... Playing in peace and silence for now. Hope this helps.

Message 28 of 303 (3,978 Views)

★★ Novice

@null, unfortunately, you will run into those types of doors later too.  

Message 29 of 303 (3,938 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would like to add that I tried updating every driver I could think of including updating my Catalyst driver to the new 13.2 beta.. I tried turning off every single graphics option. I changed the resolution. I tried manually forcing various options thought Radeon Pro. Nothing has worked so far. I think this one is going to need to be fixed by Viceral themselves.

BTW, it would be great if EA or Viceral could give us an update on when we could expect a patch. The PC version shouldn't take that long to get make.

Message 30 of 303 (3,876 Views)