Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by Zorbatronics

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

huh, strange. my comment disappeared after i edited it a little... nevermind. copypaste:

well, boys, you're in for a treat.

I F*ING FIXED IT. 

it took me quite a while to find the necessary tools and to narrow down the specific file's location, but i managed to extract all the game files and was able to hex edit the asset container in which the f*er was hiding. bear in mind that this is more of a workaround than an actual bug fix. i simply muted the sound file that was causing all the ruckus. doors do still make sounds. you shouldn't notice the missing audio unless in direct comparison with the console version.

simply download this zip, unpack it into the dead space 3 installation folder, start the DS3Patcher.bat

[Removed - Admin.]

mirror 1: [Removed - Admin.]
mirror 2: [Removed - Admin.]

EDIT:

i've updated the patch files. the process is now much, much simpler. just put the files into your installation directory and run DS3Patcher.bat

Message 281 of 303 (890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Holy *, I can't even believe it. Thank you for your hard work! I might actually play through this now finally.

Message 282 of 303 (848 Views)

★★ Novice

Isn't this hilarious? Four years and there was never an official fix. Thanks for making that patch. Strange though, I had the game before off of Origin (don't worry EA, I bought your * game now) and this bug didn't exist. Nothing's changed on my system between then and now, so I'm really wondering what caused it.

Message 283 of 303 (807 Views)

★★★ Novice

The bug literally exists in every PC version of the game, but tons of people played through it without ever noticing it was a bug. I promise even if you install a non-Origin copy of the game, you'll notice it now that you know it's there.

Message 284 of 303 (802 Views)

★★ Apprentice

At first I thought it was supposed to be a generator running in another room nearby...like the sound director just wasn't on the same page as anyone else developing the ambiance of the game. Then when I realized it was specifically the doors, and that there were no generators behind any of them... >Frown

Message 285 of 303 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@REsaY01451 wrote:

Isn't this hilarious? Four years and there was never an official fix. Thanks for making that patch. Strange though, I had the game before off of Origin (don't worry EA, I bought your * game now) and this bug didn't exist. Nothing's changed on my system between then and now, so I'm really wondering what caused it.

good question, was it the same save file? i shuffled through some random pc let's plays and the bug was apparent in all of them. some players noticed the issue, others didn't give it much attention.

Message 286 of 303 (778 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can you confirm that this fix is safe? My antivirus is warning me not to use it.

Message 287 of 303 (704 Views)

Community Manager

@monochrony

Sorry, I have had to remove those link to those files, we cannot have random compressed archives here as they pose a security risk to players.

@ShadowSpectre5

If your AV is being triggered by those files, delete them or let your AV quarantine them. As above, I have removed the previous links.

barry.png
Message 288 of 303 (695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry I don't suppose you guys finally decided to look into this bug then? It's become a little frustrating.

Message 289 of 303 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You've got to be kidding me. They wouldn't be "random compressed archives" if a single employee of EA had bothered clicking them to see what they were. As much as I hate Bethesda's business model of releasing a broken game and letting the community fix it, at least they give the community the tools to do so. EA won't even allow the community fix in spite of their own non-action. The way this was dealt with is so bad that it's genuinely malicious action towards your customers. I know my measly few dollars mean literally nothing to your company but they mean a fair bit to me and I'll be goddamned if I let myself be scammed by spending them on EA products again.

Message 290 of 303 (679 Views)