Re: Dead Space 3 Door Sound Bug/Glitch?

by tomaccogoats

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here!

I bought Dead Space 3 PC version some days ago  after having played and enjoyed DS 1 and 2 without issues at all but now I'm having problems.

First: game crashed almost 10 times in the first 10 minutes of gameplay and seems ok now, fixed: repaired the game

Seconddead bodies started bouncing all over the rooms and ok, fixed: vsync off

Third: now after all that I'm hearing this noise near every door that is driving me crazy because I use a headphones! How can I fix it?

I've played DS 3 only for one hour...

My specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 16 GB RAM, Intel I5 2500 4 Cores 3,30 Ghz, AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 

Message 271 of 303 (2,132 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hah! Decided to check back on this, not sure what I was expecting.  I think at this point I wish developers would tighten up the scope of their games so that there would be less big bugs like this getting through.

Message 272 of 303 (2,107 Views)

★ Novice

OK we are in 2015 and I just bought the game for PC (played it on 360 before) and then I just get in front of the first door, and guest what ? there s an anoying repeat hammering noise comming from it. I heard there is no possible homemade fix and no official patch either ? more than 1 year after th release ? WTF what happen here ! The noise is not only comming from the first door it is in all * one !

I PAY for this game, i want A FIX OR A REFUND ! 

Message 273 of 303 (1,855 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ha! This thread is like the living dead! Every couple of months I get a message in my inbox that another person has commented, I head on over to see if maybe someone discovered a fix, and get disappointed all over again.

What a shame because Dead Space 3 is actually an amazing game. I finally got to play it on the PS3 for free via PS Plus (I refuse to give them money for this game) and have to say that it really does a great job answering all the questions the series has asked since it's inception. 

Way to take a dump on one of your best games in years EA. Bravo.

Message 274 of 303 (1,834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

While this would hardly be a gold standard fix, I don't understand why they can't at least edit the sound file associated with the bug and silence it? As I said, it wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a damn sight better than this awful jackhammer cacophony. If the files weren't 'locked up' in the DS3 folder, I'm quite sure someone would have tried this by now.

If such a fix were available, I'd certainly use it.

Message 275 of 303 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

there is still no way to fix this and it hasn't been patched? two years after release? are you kidding me? i was just playing through dead space 1 and 2 and had my share of problems with the shoddy ports as it is, but at least those problems from 30fps vsync to a totally * up mouse sensitivity were somehow possible to fix. way to treat you customers EA. and you * wonder why your company is voted to be the worst publisher again and again. i for one will not buy anything ever again from you and will advise everyone else to do the same.

Message 276 of 303 (1,545 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

after reading the thread i found this comment from ea.I don't think they will ever fix this. 

@EA_Bastian wrote:

After extensive investigation and work on the dead space sound-glitch, we have to inform you that we can’t provide a fix for this issue. There won’t be a patch or bug-fix for this bug.

As we are not able to reproduce and eliminate this problem, we are looking now even more for possible workarounds, especially from you, our Answer HQ community. We like to apologies and understand that this sound issue disturb the atmospheric immersion of DSIII.

Cheers

Basti

Message 277 of 303 (1,435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well that's some serious bull. No way I'm buying the dlc if this isn't fixed. 

Message 278 of 303 (1,073 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OMG!!! I had given up hope! THANK YOU monochrony!

I'll be testing this as soon as I can get some time back from work.

Message 279 of 303 (593 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also, I had kept to my word, I never did play past those doors, so this will be my first time to enjoy this game through, thanks to you, amigo!

Message 280 of 303 (592 Views)