Re: Collectible Progress Glitch

by brookz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Collectible Progress Glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

After searching for and acquiring all collectibles (blue prints, circuits, artifacts, audio/text logs, and weapon parts) the progress tracker will say that one of something is missing. For instance in Chapter 4 it says I'm missing 1of 2 Earthgov artifact even though I've gotten both of them (one in the admirals quarters and the other by space debris near the the Terra Nova). This is really annoying and has prevented me from unlocking in game rewards, not to mention achievements. Anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

Message 1 of 10 (3,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this problem in classic mode, I do know the reason though (I am assuming it is the issue you are having) 

1 earthgov artifact is in the co-op mission in that chapter, and there is also a few text logs in the co-op mission

I understand the idea of having them in co-op missions, but it is extreemly frustrating when you are 100% done on everything in dead space 3 classic mode except for the stuff that I CAN'T get in co-op mode...

EDIT: (I actually googled for an official dead space 3 forum to post this in, but you beat me to it)

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@drooscroo wrote:

After searching for and acquiring all collectibles (blue prints, circuits, artifacts, audio/text logs, and weapon parts) the progress tracker will say that one of something is missing. For instance in Chapter 4 it says I'm missing 1of 2 Earthgov artifact even though I've gotten both of them (one in the admirals quarters and the other by space debris near the the Terra Nova). This is really annoying and has prevented me from unlocking in game rewards, not to mention achievements. Anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

That artifact in the space on terra nova is count for chapter 5, not for chapter 4. The other earthgov artifact u're missing can be found in the optional coop mission on Brusilov dude. After restoring the life support, you go back up the elevator and into a previously locked area. Take the first door on your left and check the bunk.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (4,415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having this problem in classic mode, I do know the reason though (I am assuming it is the issue you are having) 

1 earthgov artifact is in the co-op mission in that chapter, and there is also a few text logs in the co-op mission

I understand the idea of having them in co-op missions, but it is extreemly frustrating when you are 100% done on everything in dead space 3 classic mode except for the stuff that I CAN'T get in co-op mode...

EDIT: (I actually googled for an official dead space 3 forum to post this in, but you beat me to it)

Message 2 of 10 (4,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@drooscroo wrote:

That artifact in the space on terra nova is count for chapter 5, not for chapter 4. The other earthgov artifact u're missing can be found in the optional coop mission on Brusilov dude. After restoring the life support, you go back up the elevator and into a previously locked area. Take the first door on your left and check the bunk.

Message 3 of 10 (4,416 Views)

★★ Novice

@Lacek84 wrote:

@drooscroo wrote:

That is what I was saying, you can get it if you can play co-op, so its not an issue then, but it's still an issue for people playing classic..

Message 4 of 10 (3,959 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Link123451 wrote:

@Lacek84 wrote:

@drooscroo wrote:

That is what I was saying, you can get it if you can play co-op, so its not an issue then, but it's still an issue for people playing classic..

Don't understand ur problem. U can achieve a 100% completition on standard game mode (1 save slot) to unlock all achievments/trophies. U can't achieve it on classic mode, cause there's no coop.

Message 5 of 10 (3,954 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ooo gotcha thanks. Haha yeah I was googling like crazy trying to figure this out. This post worked much better than expected. 

Message 6 of 10 (3,943 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Awesome thanks. Also, for chapter 9 it says I need one more weapon part. So I went through it and did the side mission at the supply depot and found a scope in a resource chest at the end, but the counter didn't seem to register it. Do some weapon parts just respawn or did this count towards a different chapter? Or maybe I just ooped. 

Message 7 of 10 (3,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@drooscroo wrote:

Awesome thanks. Also, for chapter 9 it says I need one more weapon part. So I went through it and did the side mission at the supply depot and found a scope in a resource chest at the end, but the counter didn't seem to register it. Do some weapon parts just respawn or did this count towards a different chapter? Or maybe I just ooped. 

In the pump room, on some machine between the 2 pistons with spikes. U can grab it with kinesis.

Message 8 of 10 (3,927 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same issue, playing co-op with my boyfriend, the new game+. We didn't pay much attention to the collectibles on the first playthrough but now we'd really like to unlock everything there is to unlock. At chapter 4 it says we are missing 2 weapon parts and one circuit. We have gone thru chapter 4 THREE TIMES IN A ROW to make sure we got everything but it still says we are missing those items. We even looked at wiki pages for the exact location of every object and we really got everything. What the hell should we do? This is so frustrating.
(Dunno if it matters but first time round we played on normal now on hard.)
Message 9 of 10 (3,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I'm having some trouble getting some trophies. In the progress menu it says "full game completion 100%" but still on the list i'm missing several text logs, weapon parts and circuits. When i look at the chapters individually they also say 100% and everything on the list is checked and nothing is missing ?!?
I played it through in coop and my buddy got everything including the trophies.
Is there anyway to fix this cause since i can't see where the missing collectibles are i can't find them.

EDIT.
I figured it out. It was because i had the Awakened dlc installed and therefore the collectibles in that counts as well for some dumb reason. So nevermind...
Message 10 of 10 (3,347 Views)