Chapter 13 - killing the boss.

by brucebarron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chapter 13 - killing the boss.

★★ Novice

How do you kill the spider in chapter 13 ? I'm pressing F key when it's caught but it seems to just keep escaping.  been trying every combination of presssing F and nothing works - any ideas ?

Message 10 of 39 (1,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chapter 13 - killing the boss.

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem. I saw another post about a Chapter 9 quick time bug and the solution was just turn down your video quality. I figured I'd nothing to lose so I turned it down to the lowest quality and I pulled him apart in one go. Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 14 of 39 (1,556 Views)

All Replies

Re: chapter 13 boss not dying?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

bloodguard wrote:

Go here the second post has a link to his save file.[Removed - Admin.]

That one i dont know why but it says that is corrupt

Message 1 of 39 (2,206 Views)

Re: chapter 13 boss not dying?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It probably has something to do with downloadable content, in other words he may have something you dont which means you cant use the save or there may be something that keeps people from sharing saves (like linking it to your origin account). Best I can think to do is try all the tricks again, I actually restarted the chapter with my normal settings still on then before the cutscene when the boss comes out I change all the settings and it worked the first time.

Message 2 of 39 (2,198 Views)

Chapter 13 Boss unbeatable [PC]

★★★ Newbie

During the Boss fight in chapter 13, I lure it under the Harpoon and no matter how many times i mash "F" it wont get torn in half, after 2 tries it glitches along the rope and still attacks you or just comes off the harpoon entirely. 

Message 3 of 39 (4,718 Views)

chapter 13 boss

★ Novice

i was wondering when a patch or update will be released for dead space 3 because i am having the problem where the spider keeps escaping from harpoons .reinstalled and played through the game agin and still same problem. wasted 17 hours of gameplay and cant even finish story. very upsetting . dished out 65.00 bucks and i cant even play it. 

Message 4 of 39 (1,934 Views)

Re: chapter 13 boss

★★ Novice

Try playing Co op on chapter 14 then when you see progress saving then go back to solo campaign see if it starts back the last progress save on chapter 14 instead of chapter 13. If it doesn't work then just finish the game on Co op. Make sure to start on chapter 14 instead of 13

Message 5 of 39 (1,906 Views)

Re: Chapter 13 Boss unbeatable [PC]

★★ Novice

There isn't a patch for it yet. I had this problem too but no way of fixing it. So I finish the game on Co op. I skip chapter 13 and start at chapter 14. I didn't have a choice 

Message 6 of 39 (4,607 Views)

★★ Novice

I have feels for you bro. I -didn't- use a trainer to see if I could outlast him, or see -why- he glitches out of harpoons. All I've noticed is that when he DOES glitch, stasis doesn't work on him and the yellow mouth bulbs will not regenerate. Not doing anything or just completely blowing everything off as soon as it regenerates didn't really make a difference, he seemed to start glitching randomly. Sometimes on the 2nd harpoon shot, sometimes I get 3 shots without any luck before he decides to start glitching. I've even switched my controls so that TK was activated by my mouse, so I could really mash that clicker. No avail.

I would imagine that having a co-op buddy that doesn't lag and has killed him before, make a game and you join it, and see if he'll decide to glitch out. Maybe if you're not the host for the game he won't glitch out? Just a theory.

Message 7 of 39 (4,585 Views)

(PC) Chapter 13 -the spider boss

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to kill it with the harpoon mechanism, but whatever I do it's getting free...

no matter how quickly I Push the 'F' buton.

Message 8 of 39 (1,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is a simple bug. As in any EA game, you fix the glitch by switching to lowest resolution and settings, then you can kill it from the first time.

Message 9 of 39 (4,467 Views)