COULD NOT INITIALIZE DISPLAY HARDWARE. PLEASE RESTART DEAD SPACE 3

by dausmat

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 worked initially, now it won't start.

★★ Novice

Hey i bought dead space 3 a few months ago. I played it for awhile, I had all this stuff. i just downloaded dead space 1 to try it out. i made it to chapter 6 and i wanted to play the Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC. But It's stuck on the loading menu. dead space one just locks up, I sit on my bed for an hour and nothing happends. i just got a new idea for a gun and i found i new glitch for NOTHING? took me like 5 hours to get that stuff!!! EA and Visercal games needs to frggin fix this.

Message 10 of 20 (3,659 Views)

Could not initialize display hardware

★★★ Novice

I just got Deadspace 3 through HumbleBundle for Origin. When i start the game via origin, i get this "Could not initialize display hardware. Please restart Deadspace 3". 

Please help!! Now out of 7 games i paid (minus one BF3 which i already bought), i am not able to play 3 games already!!! The rest not downloaded yet! Damn...

Message 11 of 20 (2,782 Views)

Re: Could not initialize display hardware

★★★★★ Expert

@hazeattackmy wrote:

I just got Deadspace 3 through HumbleBundle for Origin. When i start the game via origin, i get this "Could not initialize display hardware. Please restart Deadspace 3". 

Please help!! Now out of 7 games i paid (minus one BF3 which i already bought), i am not able to play 3 games already!!! The rest not downloaded yet! Damn...

Since you chose not to offer any useful information about your hardware, especially not the part complained about, I cannot imagne how you can expect anyone to try to help you. 

Message 12 of 20 (2,781 Views)

Re: COULD NOT INITIALIZE DISPLAY HARDWARE. PLEASE RESTART DEAD SPACE 3

★★★ Newbie

all i can say is for all those having problems along the lines of crashing/black screen/only task visible is to stress test your graphic card. ( turn off overclock if you have it on). I cant say everyones cards have gone bad but from what i seen it is most likely that your video card gets overheated and shuts off, causing driver issues, or it is already dead. (now i know youd think that graphic card would stop sending image to display but thats not neccesairly true... i still got my ati 5770 that works fine on word but when you turn on 3d it starts screwing around). Now the only way to make sure 100% what is the problem is to check your systemlogs but that is way too much work to try and explain it here. (also you may wanna fool around with graphic settings/resolutions in game and outside of it as well. (ati and nvidia tray usually have quick graphic options available.,, putting that on balance often solves problems in games...  Also, if there was any changes made to computer as of late... well you know the deal ( new drivers dont always work best etc)

Message 14 of 20 (2,752 Views)

Wont start at all

★★★ Newbie

When I try to start Dead space 3 it tell me "Couldn't Initialize display hardware, please restart DEad Space 3." how can I fix this I looked on line, update all me driver, the game even reinstalled but I can't fix it. WHAT DO I DO?!

Message 15 of 20 (2,730 Views)

Re: Wont start at all

★★★ Newbie

I just bought several games, including Dead Space 3.

I have the same issue, running win7 Ultimate SP1 64bits, 16gb Ram, i7 2600K CPU.

PC is equipped with 2x Nvidia GeoForce GTX570 in SLI. Drivers are up to date.

Are there any logs available ?

Message 16 of 20 (2,702 Views)

★★ Novice

Most Unhelpful!

Message 17 of 20 (2,530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I would like to know if anyone was able to solve....

Message 18 of 20 (1,152 Views)

Community Manager

@AldoCaterina 

If you can post a link to your Dxdiag file here we can take a look and see whats is going on.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 19 of 20 (1,147 Views)

Re: Wont start at all

★★★ Newbie

after i open Dead space 3 and get past "press any key to continue screen" it then goes into a screen saying "searching for downloadable content" which i never bought but the screen will stay like that overnight and day. the part i don't get is how when i bought dead space 3 in 2014 a year after launch i never had any problem like this minus a bug or 2. so i went and made a "case" to get a online chat with a EA representative i waited for 4 days and counting with no response, not the advertised 5 min. so the next logical option is to call, i waited for 7 hours just hearing a loop of sound with a recorded message saying "our representatives are busy but will get to me as so as they can" . so EA proceeds there reputation of being not so user friendly to just ignoring customers

Message 20 of 20 (910 Views)