2 xbox, 1 house, no co-op

by nx6rx96e

Original Post

2 xbox, 1 house, no co-op

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hello, dead space 1 recently went free on gold, I've always loved it and my gf tried it and she did too. we went out and got dead  space 3, but we can only connect 1 xbox at a time., one game (the second to launch) cant connect to ea servers. i activated my mobile hotspot and worked fine. i power  off box number 1 and box 2 works fine, try box 1 nope no go. i put in Microsoft halo and it works fine. minecraft? fine. back to dead space? nope.

seriously what the actual F**k

edit: i also tried returning the game and since its open now it can only be exchanged. before i snap the cd does anyone know how to fix this? not getting any answers from support

Message 1 of 3 (405 Views)

Re: 2 xbox, 1 house, no co-op

Community Manager

@nx6rx96e Hi, I think this is due to a particular router setting, UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)

If this isn't activated you can have issues if 2 similar devices are trying to connect, but if you turn it on (how to do this should vary by device) then you should be able to play together. 

Thanks for the post, I hope this helps. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (384 Views)

Re: 2 xbox, 1 house, no co-op

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I've got a hitron gnc3. I've got Upnp enabled, I followed the port forwarding article for dead space 3 even set a Static IP address for each box. Ea support then requested I wipe my xbox, wipe saves and profiles, recover them and then try again. Thankfully one of them was just recently bought so no biggy there but wow if they wanted that after I bought all the dlc? It didn't fix it either is the best part.

It still isn't working, Im waiting on the manager from the game store to get back to me on a possible exchange. So for now, I'm not playing it and sadly my gf can't play with me. It shouldn't be like this. No other game distribution company has these issues.
Edit : it's definitely ea games / server. I just tried booting up syndicate cause that went gold ; can't connect the two xboxs on that game either lol... What a joke.
Message 3 of 3 (378 Views)