Re: Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Re: Dead space 1 and 2- graphic card does not meet minimum requirement (lenovo y

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have tried the steps you have suggested. 
My Nvidia Card it was default anyway...

Message 11 of 17 (1,484 Views)

Community Manager

@fuspgr

It seems like your native display resolution is 3840 x 2160, can you try setting a resolution of 1920 x 1080 in your nvidia control panel and then retry playing?

barry.png
Message 12 of 17 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The highest resolution i can have on my laptop is 3840 x 2160. I always set my resolution to 1920x1080. So thats not the problem. Also I tried to disable my Intel Graphics Card and I dont get this message aymore, but when the game is ready to launch i get the message  "Could not initialize display hardware. Please Restart Dead Space" or "Dead Space has stopped working".
also I have tried to change the compatibility issues by putting combatibility settings of windows 7 and XP

Message 13 of 17 (1,469 Views)

Community Manager

@fuspgr

Your video drivers are quite old (9/14/2015), it may be worthwhile installing the most recent non-beta video drivers for your setup. When you run the installer, choose custom install and then Clean install and deselect the 3D and GeForce Experience components before completing the setup.

Again, let us know how you get on with this, thanks.

barry.png
Message 14 of 17 (1,459 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar issue, but I am using a Ryzen 5 2400g.

It has the power to run Dead Space just fine, but I get the same, "you graphics card does not meet minimum requirements" message.

Any advice?

Using ASRock 320M Pro4 with Ryzen 5 2400G

Message 15 of 17 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have even upgraded now to an RX 580 discrete card, which can handle this game 4 times over...and I am still getting this same message.

Message 16 of 17 (977 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem in all three games in liquid sky. It's a cloud computer that run Nvidia grid in windows server edition 

I just can't figure out what it's actually checking

I will try to run dxdiag but it's really finicky to do anything windowsy on a touch screen  Operating desktop windows in touch screen is a a nightmare.. If you could run it there and find out would be much greater. Might be enough to test it on any windows server Nvidia grid pc. Not this particular one

Message 17 of 17 (907 Views)