Re: Dead Space 2 Language

by sanbridges90

Original Post

Dead Space 2 Language

★★ Novice

Hey,

I'd like to buy Dead Space 2 in the Origin Store. As I am from Germany, I can online buy the German version (because it's cut here in Germany).

I don't mind the game being cut, however I would really like to play in English, not in German.

So: will I be able to change the in-game language to English, or will it come in German exclusively?

Message 1 of 6 (6,385 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You can change your Origin client language to English and try to download the English localized version for Dead Space II but no guarantee that it works as their are some legal requirements in Germany regarding censored versions of the game.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (6,353 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, come on.

What has the language to do with censored versions of the game?

If one is in Germany, it seems Origin only allows German or French as language options.

Are you really seriously suggesting that, to save German ears from hearing profanities in English versions (or all language versions, except their own native language and French), they force the users to download only these two language options?

Now give this a thought:  do you really think German laws would have this game offer a French version that is "cleaned up"? Why on Earth would there be a cleaned up French version of the language pack for Germany? 

This would be like offering a cleaned-up Japanese language pack for Chile or Argentina.........

Origin is a failure. And so is EA customer service.

Message 3 of 6 (6,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same Problem only that when I installed Dead Space 3 it asked me in which language i would like the Game.

Why didin´t it ask me when i installed Dead Space 2 ?!

Please Explain

Message 4 of 6 (5,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Even if my Origin is setted on English, Dead Space 2 is still in Spanish. I tried changeing the locale file with Regedit to en_US but did nothing. I really hate hearing the awful translation, I would prefer it to be in the original lenguage. What I have to do? Uninstall and reinstall to see if it now sets to english? Or there is some way to do it without doing that. Thanks

Message 5 of 6 (4,916 Views)

★ Novice

i've got your same problem , i'm from Italy and my game is in Spanish 

Message 6 of 6 (2,114 Views)