Dead Space 2 Crash to Desktop on Startup

by Raging_Vampire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 2 Crash to Desktop on Startup

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've been trying to play dead space 2 since I bought it when it came out. All I get is a crash to desktop with no error message on startup. All drivers are at the latest revision, I am running the game as administrator and with visual themes and desktop composition startup. There is nothing in the user/appdata/local/Ea Games/Dead Space 2/ directory to edit. I have DxDiag and crash log dumps available though I don't seem to be able to attach them to this. Can anyone help me?

Regards,

R_V

Message 1 of 11 (7,672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 2 Crash to Desktop on Startup

★ Guide

I've seen this exception code happen on overclocked computers (instability or heat issue ) or with nvidia video  drivers. Install the latest release of the Nvidia drivers and try again.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (8,601 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

You can't post fles from your desktop directly to the forum.

If the files are text and not too large, you can copy their content and paste them in a forum post. Otherwise, you might want to open a dropbox account (or something similar), copy your files to the public folder of your dropbox account and paste the public link to your files on the forum.

Message 2 of 11 (7,652 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 11 (7,647 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this exception code happen on overclocked computers (instability or heat issue ) or with nvidia video  drivers. Install the latest release of the Nvidia drivers and try again.

Message 4 of 11 (8,602 Views)

★★ Novice

Apologies, I accidentally marked this as solved, have tried multiple driver versions, these were downloaded from Windows update, however have also tried latest drivers from Nvidia. CPU isn't overclocked (in fact it's a brand new i7). Thanks!

Message 5 of 11 (7,634 Views)

★ Guide
Message 6 of 11 (7,631 Views)

★★ Novice

Many thanks for your help. I've already tried all of these solutions.

Message 7 of 11 (7,628 Views)

★ Guide

I looked at your dxdiag.txt file again, and, I see that you have a Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller. Try unplugging this controller and start the game again.

Message 8 of 11 (7,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue. I've tried unplugging my controllers (keep in mind, I'd prefer to play this game WITH a controller, so that'd be a bull* work around anyway). My specs are as follows:

Intel Xeon V3 14 core 2.7 GHZ

R9 295x2 w/ 14.12 Omega Driver installed

64 GB of 2333K DDR4 RAM

PCI-e SSD

Rampage V Extreme (currently not overclocking)

I monitor my computer's heat. The front display panel on my tower displays the current CPU temp, and I run real temp to monitor the temperature when I play new, more demanding games.

I have no idea why this game won't launch, but it's very frustrating. I read somewhere that this game doesn't understand more than 4 cores, and someone was able to get it running by having the bios deactive some of their cores. I did not want to try that workaround.

Any other thoughts?

Message 9 of 11 (6,854 Views)

★★ Novice

I have Xeon 14 core too and game crashes. 

I disabled 6 cores and game runs fine on 8 cores without Hyper-threading.

And i know it is a 2 year old thread ;D

Message 10 of 11 (6,147 Views)