[Old Report] DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

by TheDieguscus

Original Post

Re: DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

★ Novice

I can confirm that I tried port forwarding, running in safe mode, compatibility mode, running as admin, all the troubleshooting didn't work for me, but changing the clock back to 2011 fixed the issue for me.

Message 51 of 84 (3,393 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there. I've never had this problem before, but I was forced to roll back my system clock to 2011 in order to get past the release date check. I see you say you rolled out an update today but there didn't seem to be one available and right clicking on the game in my library did not show an option to update it. So you guys might want to look into the update to see if it did what it was supposed to do.

Message 52 of 84 (3,385 Views)

★★★ Novice

There's no option to check for updates and reinstalling it from Origin doesn't fix anything. It still checks the date and fails.

Message 53 of 84 (3,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and played it. It worked.

Message 54 of 84 (3,306 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jplaur12 wrote:

I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and played it. It worked.

I just tried it and can confirm.

It doesn't have the DLC unlocked though, but I don't know if that's good or bad.

or if it's anything to do with the fact I set the flags to unlock the Artic Security Suit, Riot Security Suit and Soldier Suit.

Message 55 of 84 (3,277 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi i have the problem with the Release date check. I cant use origin as it isnt a valid key. Anny thoughts? 

Message 56 of 84 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA_Barry, Man in my Dead Space 2, the update you spoke about ,isn't initiating itself, neither I cannot find any "Right Click" option on the gaming title ( both on my desktop and in Origin) as you said. So please help me out here. Bought this game one hour ago. Can't play, feeling extremely bad!

Message 57 of 84 (3,258 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2: Release date check error

★★ Novice

i found the solution to this problem,........ the certificate of this specific game is valid from 2009 -2011 so if you change the date on your computer to 2010 then the release date checker should work and the game should run hope this helpedStandard smile it worked for me

Message 58 of 84 (3,257 Views)

★★ Novice

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM............... change the date on your pc to 2010 then click on the game and the release date checker will work

Message 59 of 84 (3,253 Views)

Re: Have tried everything, and I cant get my dead space 2 to work...

★★★ Newbie

Don't waste our time Barry. Product code was already redeemed since mine is a reinstall. Latest version of Origin installed. EA please let me access my game from Customer Portal as Date Release Check is nonsense and WASTING my FRIGGIN TIME!!!!

Message 60 of 84 (3,234 Views)