[Old Report] DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

by TheDieguscus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yesterday I've just Installed Dead Space 2 on my Windows 8 pc. Everything install perfectly but when It goes to the relase date check, says that it cannot connect to verify and I can't play. I had the game installed in Windows 7 and it ran perfectly. I have tried disabling the Windows Firewall and the anti-virus; and even running Windows on secure mode as you say here: https://help.ea.com/article/RN5240 . I do not know what else I can do, my PC has more than the recommended requirements. Please help me.

Message 1 of 84 (40,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 2: Release date check error

Community Manager

Greetings everyone,

For those of you encountering a "Release Date Check Failed" error message when attempting to play, please follow the steps below:

1. If you are installing from the Origin Client, we have published a new build for you. Please uninstall and reinstall once more.
  2. If you are using the DVDs to install, please download the linked file corresponding to your version of the game: 

Next copy this file from your downloads into your installation folder and replace the existing deadspace2.exe file.

If you are still encountering this exact issue afterwards, please create an Origin Error Report ID and post its ID as highlighted in red in the spoiler below. 

Spoiler
  1. Open Origin.
  2. From the menu on the top choose "Help"
  3. Select "Origin Error Reporter" (You can read more about it here: http://download.dm.origin.com/oer/en_GB.html )

You will see three screens as shown below. 

1. For type of error select "Downloading Games"
  2. For the description of the problem, please include a brief description (copy/paste of your first post should do) and include a link to your forum post.
  3. Check the box to share diagnostic information and click on "Send Report"
  4. The error reporter will show the second screenshot from below and will then show the third screenshot when finished. On the third one mark and choose to copy (or write down) the Error Report ID text string (bolded) and post it here. 

With this ID we will be able to take a closer look at what exactly has been going on. Thank you very much for taking a look in advance.

OER_tool.png

If you are encountering another issue, please create a new thread and describe your issue in as much detail as possible.

Thank you,
Nils

View in thread

Message 62 of 84 (22,909 Views)

All Replies

Re: DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

Community Manager (retired)

Hi dieguscus02!

Please try following workaround:

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).
If that doesn’t helped, close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. 

This worked out in the most cases, if not, try to deactivate your firewall/antivirus software and/or check the online ports of your connection:

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if this problem after this workaround still exist.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 84 (40,263 Views)

Dead Space 2 wont launch

★★★ Newbie

Just purchased Dead Space 2 and activated it through origin and it wont launch. 

Iam using a Windows 8 pc and when i first installed it a Release Date Check program launched and thats the most ive gotten out of it yet.

Ive attempted running orgin as administrator, ive turned off my antivirius as well as added the location of Dead Space 2 to my exclusions list in the anti virus yet nothing runs. 

Other games in origin such as Battlefield 3 and Mirrors Edge load fine both bought recently but DS2 just sits there. 

Any advice on what i should do?

Message 3 of 84 (39,525 Views)

Dead Space 2 won`t launch?

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just bought Dead Soace 2 a couple of days ago. When I try to launch it through Origin, I get a program that says:

The program you have started requiring that the date checked online before you can run the program the first time.

If the release date has passed, the program will receive a key from the server, unpacked and start.

This should only be done when you first start the program.

Click "Accept" to continue or "Cancel" to cancel the process.***

I click Accept and it goes online, but then suddenly quits and nothing more happens?

I have tried re-installing Dead Space, clearing Origin cache files, launching from the Origin folder directly, but same problem each time!???

Even tried to activate with the activator inside the ORigin Dead Space 2 folder and it says it is activated, but when I try to launch the game the first program I mentioned above starts and quits without launching DS2.

Please help me!

Regards,

Michel

Message 4 of 84 (39,549 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 won`t launch?

Community Manager

Hi micheloglaend,

Please confirm your Windows date is set correctly.

Barry.

barry.png
Message 5 of 84 (39,544 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 wont launch

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi prime20,

Initially, I advise running Windows Update and installing all available Important updates including those for .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.

Barry. 

barry.png
Message 6 of 84 (39,514 Views)

Have tried everything, and I cant get my dead space 2 to work...

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I purchased dead space 2 for some weeks ago as a cd. I install it with no problem, then activate it with my serial number. I clicked also on the activation to check it was activated, and it should be. Then I click on deadspace2.exe to run the game. And right after there come a windows that need a release date check. If I click "Cancel", then nothing happens. If I click "Accept" then it do a process with no errors. But instead it delete the deadspace2.exe. And put it into a folder like C:\Users\hp\AppData\Local\Temp\mtka_tmp. And as example it also have some numbers afterwards, like deadspace2-130807212020.exe and it added some extra files like deadspace_f_activation.exe and secupacker_launcher.exe. If I try to click on one of the two extra exe-files, nothing happens. If I click on deadspace2-130807212020.exe, it take me to the release date check again. If I copy the 3 files to the deadspace2 folder and try open them that way, then nothing happens or it go to the release date check again. Now I have nothing to more and need seriously help to that game. Otherways I have wasted lots of money of that game...

Message 7 of 84 (39,956 Views)

Unable to launch

★★★ Newbie

After launching the game for the hundredth time, a Online release date thing pops up, I press accept and it checks it then says Succeeded! 100%, Game still doesn't launch so I try it again, and again and again. It NEVER launches. What the hell, its got me so irritiated.

Message 8 of 84 (39,960 Views)

Re: Have tried everything, and I cant get my dead space 2 to work...

Community Manager
  • First, ununstall your current installation of Dead Space 2.
  • Sign up and install the Origin game client from here: http://www.origin.com/download
  • Open Origin, click on Origin menu then Redeem Product Code
  • Enter the code you got with the game and follow onscreen instructions.

Barry.

barry.png
Message 9 of 84 (39,952 Views)

Re: DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

★ Novice

Nothing changed still got problem

Message 10 of 84 (39,985 Views)