Re: DEAD SPACE 2 RELEASE DATE CHECK LAUNCH FAILURE

by Calcium_Smiddy05

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

can't EA stop cutting corners and 1) fix the mouse controls and vsync lag in DS1 and 2) remove the flawed DRM in Dead Space 2 that causes the game to eventually stop allowing deactivations. the game will self-destruct if you re-install too many times, even while abiding the DRM's intrusive rules. it gets to a point where you either have to download an unathorized copy of the game to continue playing, or go buy it again. that's completely unreasonable. i was lucky enough to find DS2 in a bargain bin, but that's still money wasted because EA thinks self-destruct DRM is okay for older games.

Message 71 of 84 (2,488 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2: Release date check error

★★★ Newbie

I have recently purchased a CD version of thr game and had the date check error. I tried the accepted fix posted on this forum and have progressed to being able to start the game and being met with a black screen. No loading or anything just a black screen.. thoughts?

Message 72 of 84 (2,068 Views)

Community Manager

@reaperboy02

Seeing a black screen can indicate your machine does not meet the system requirements.

System Requirements

• Processor: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista or Windows 7)
    • Hard Disk Space: At least 10GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games
    • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements), ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements), 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required
    • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

If you are unsure if your machine meets these requirements you can post your Dxdiag report and we can take a look for you.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 73 of 84 (2,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only requirement I am unsure about it the video card which is a NVIDIA GeForce 550 Ti, everything else is well above the system requirements.

Message 74 of 84 (2,056 Views)

Community Manager

@reaperboy02

The GTX 550 Ti is fine.

Can you try a clean boot as follows to see if there may be some software running at startup causing this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If that does not help then try the steps at this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-2/DEAD-SPACE-2-RELEASE-DATE-CHECK-LAUNCH-FAILURE/m-p/483886/high...

Do let us know how you get on.

barry.png
Message 75 of 84 (2,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If you set your computers year date too 2011 the game will launch and the release date check will work
Message 76 of 84 (1,937 Views)

Re: Have tried everything, and I cant get my dead space 2 to work...

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issues. Now all it says is "you must this program as the administrator. Please log in as the administrator and restart program." I am the owner of this computer and have admin privileges.

I then uninstalled and try to redeem my product code on both EA and Origin only to be told the code was already in use. 

I cannot express how frustrating this experience has been.

Message 77 of 84 (1,909 Views)

Re: Have tried everything, and I cant get my dead space 2 to work...

Community Manager

@neocortex2210

Please make contact with an EA Game Advisor for assistance.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/#

barry.png
Message 78 of 84 (1,896 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you find a working solution ? 

Message 79 of 84 (1,858 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not one of these helped me 

Message 80 of 84 (1,858 Views)