Dead space-Invisible wall blocking me from getting past the first sequence

by pootimusmaximus

Original Post

Dead space-Invisible wall blocking me from getting past the first sequence

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dead space-Invisible wall blocking me from getting past the first sequence in the game.

After you go down the first elevator and find the plasma cutter the door in this room is glitched for me. After i open it i cant walk through it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and its still not working. Anyone know how i might fix this

Message 1 of 4 (1,666 Views)

Re: Dead space-Invisible wall blocking me from getting past the first sequence

Community Manager

Hmm, it sounds like you're taking the right steps, but you may want to check a youtube video of someone playing, in case there's something that's been missed. 

If you're taking the right steps, unfortunately it sounds like your "current" save may be broken. Do you have the option to load an older save? If this is ineffective, I think the next step would be to try starting a new game save, then try again?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry to necromorph this post but I have the exact same issue. There are no save points prior to this room. Starting a new game does not seem to work either.
I tried the same thing over and over but there does not seem a way to get past this point.The entire sequence seems to be broken. The guy you hear screaming on the other side of the door is usually being attacked and killed by a necromorph. The necromorph does not spawn but the death animation of the guy does play. It seems like a sequence break that prevent the invisible collision from being removed. I am astounded this got past Q&A at all.

Message 3 of 4 (1,230 Views)

★★ Novice

this has to do with the fact your computer is hitting +60 FPS, no joke. turn on Vsync and the problem is fixed. Vsync will limit frames to 60 and voila, works. I had the same issue ...

Message 4 of 4 (926 Views)