Dead Space

by Vaislou

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space

★ Novice
"Your Graphics Card Does Not Meet Dead Space Minimum Requirements" 
My first time going for help, sorry if doing it wrong. But I assure you, i can handle 2008 Dead Space. My specs are this:
Intel i7-4710HQ, 2.5 GHz processor,, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M.
I dont understand what's my problem. Does anyone know what to do? I really wanna play it.
Message 1 of 26 (3,080 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space

Community Manager

@gizmomok

As per the Lenovo forum thread it appears the only way you will be able to play this game on that laptop is with a BIOS update. Sorry I do not have better news.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 21 of 26 (2,965 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Vaislou

Creating a GPU profile will tell your PC to specifically use the GPU (860M) rather than your on-board IGP (Intel) when playing:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/setting-up-a-graphics-card-gaming-profile/

barry.png
Message 2 of 26 (3,008 Views)

★ Novice

It did not help =(

Message 3 of 26 (2,997 Views)

Community Manager

@Vaislou

Can you post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look please?

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 4 of 26 (2,985 Views)

★ Novice

Ok.

Message 5 of 26 (2,979 Views)

Community Manager

@Vaislou

Please retry creating a GPU profile as in my first post here and let us know what happens.

barry.png
Message 6 of 26 (2,973 Views)

★ Novice

Not helping =( 

Message 7 of 26 (2,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi !

Have the same problem. Did you slve it meanwhile? I think i read anywhere that this game doesn´t support laptop graphiccards? Not sure but htis would not be that funny...

Please, Someone elsemust have had the same problem, right? How did the others fix that?

I have the same system specs that you have so i am having the same problem.

@Support:  Maybe something to think about: my display only has a refresh rate of 48 and this cannot be changed. Maybe this might be worth a look at? On the other hand if this is not the reason, maybe its NVIDIA OPTIMUS what causes the problem?

Best regards,

Michael

Message 8 of 26 (2,872 Views)

Community Manager

@gizmomok

I do not think having a fixed refresh rate is a problem. Your GPU may be however. Can you post your Dxdiag (info on how is linked above) here too please.

barry.png
Message 9 of 26 (2,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Here you are Wink

Question is : did someone get an answer on fixing that issue for the thread opener? I got exactly the same problem. As you can see my machine should be able to play the game since it allows me to play Starwars Battlefront or need for Speed Most Wanted without problems.

I think that maybe the port from Console to PC is the problem and that some games need to have 60Hz as refresh rate (what i cannot put in my settings because it is prohibited). Maybe its good for you to know that not only Dead Space1 but 2 and 3 do not work as well and if you know the game Dark Souls? This is something that i cannot play as well vecause as soon as i enter the options menu it crashes. That is a console port and that is why i am thinking of the same reason here with Dead Space 1,2 and 3.

I know that you will ask me to create a unique profile for Intel Settings (resolution / refresh rate) and so on but it does not work. I attached a screenshot. Sorry for the language(its German) but it says that it is not possible because its "over maximum bandwith capacity".

Last thing for your information: my Display itself supports 4K resolution but it does not matter which resolution i enter, its always locked at 48Hz.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Michael

Message 10 of 26 (2,845 Views)